Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
makingheadlines

Contractor doesn't like Brizo; online reviews do

I fell in love with a Brizo faucet for my bathroom. My contractor HATES Delta and Brizo, tied to a part they use that goes behind the wall, meaning if it fails, you have to open the wall. Every review I see online of this brand LOVES it. Has anyone, particularly a professional, had experience with this faucet brand? Thanks

Comments (40)

• PRO
    Design Details
    8 years ago

If it's not a wall-mount faucet I don't see the problem. Ask the contractor for more details. I've have a Delta Touch 2-O in my kitchen for four years with no problems and I've only replaced the battery once.

• PRO
    Brickwood Builders, Inc.
    8 years ago

We use Delta in bathrooms and in kitchens probably 90% of the time due to the reliability of the product and the service we get. We have installed Brizo only a couple of times. The most recent Brizo install in a bathroom was about 2 months ago and the faucet makes a slight bit of noise if you shut it off quickly. Had several reps out and appears there is no problem with the faucet, but Brizo offered to replace it if clients wanted. We use the Delta Allora faucet in the kitchen extensively and have never had an issue. I can't remember any callbacks on Delta products. We have not installed wall mounted faucets, so I am not familiar with issues, if any, on those.

• Rachel Ezekiel-Fishbein
    Original Author
    8 years ago

contractor installed a Brizo last summer and was upset that their showers use spring loaded washers. he likes the cartridges moem uses, because they won't be behind the wall

• PRO
    Brickwood Builders, Inc.
    8 years ago

Have not put Brizo in a shower, just faucets so can't speak to that. I would have thought that the Brizo line would use the same universal Delta valve system. Guess not. Delta valves work great. Interesting that the only time we installed Moen (in two bathrooms for same home) they were a nightmare and we went back all the time to try to fix them. Your contractor feels the same about Brizo that we feel about Moen. And it is all based on a prior experience. Hard to tell what is best.

• Rachel Ezekiel-Fishbein
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Interesting. He's saying both delta and Brizo have the same valve system. Does the spring loaded vs cartridge make sense to you?

• User
    8 years ago

My 17 month old kitchen faucet is Brizo and Delta has graciously replaced the cartridge 3 times. Not thrilled, but their service is phenomenal. The faucet is beautiful.

• mollyrbrown
    5 years ago

I am debating a Brizo faucet and shower but don’t see many reviews...did you end up using it?

• Becky Harris
    4 years ago

I know this is an old thread, but I was surprised by a contractor hating Brizo/Delta. My plumber was very psyched I'd chosen Brizo because they are a part of Delta and he loves the quality and customer service. He knew their rough-ins would be readily available as would replacement parts. He was not so pleased with some of my more esoteric choices and he was right.

• Sandy
    4 years ago

Becky, can you elaborate on the esoteric choices? I am doing that right now with Brizo products. I welcome your wisdom.

• CW
    3 years ago

This is 1st time using brizo and not sure I would ever recommend it. Have had 3 service calls on one faucet. For a $1000 faucet I shouldn't have to spend more on labor fixing it than the thing is worth. Will be addressing this with rep for compensation as never have this problem with other brands even cheap ones. They couldn't even send the right parts even after i sent a picture of the parts. Residential Contractor since 1995

• Ron L
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

We remodeled our bath about 4 yrs ago and used all Brizo Virage fixtures in the sinks, shower and bath. Almost immediately, the surface of the shower head began discoloring with water spots. When Brizo/Delta was contacted, they provided a new shower head which again did the same thing. When contacted again, Customer service insisted this was due to chemicals on the metal which I know, for a fact, is not the case. Now, four years later we have had leaks behind the wall of the shower caused by galvanic corrosion of the fixtures because the valves/control handles are made of cheap pot metal or some other poor quality metal which are in direct contact with brass portions of the valves. The set screws were frozen in place and had to be drilled out and when removing the shower control valve, the control stem broke in two. Fortunately, we had a replacement control valve for reasons I do not know which allowed us to replace the stem and handle without any additional cost of parts. Our plumber was shocked at the quality of the interior portions of the handles and valves. These are pretty and elegant fixtures on the outside but junk on the inside. For the money spent I expected far better quality.

I do NOT recommend these fixtures.

• ceilsan32
    3 years ago

No experience with Brizo in a bath, but I love my Brizo kitchen faucet. If you research customer user reviews and find too many problems, try Newport Brass, Rohl, etc. At a lower price point, many people love Moen because it has great customer service.

• Anne Duke
    3 years ago

I’ve had a Brizo kitchen faucet for six years. The customer service is excellent. I’ve needed cartridges several times and as much as I like the look of my faucet, I’ll be replacing it with something else. Sick of having to finesse the handle to prevent drip, drip, drip...

• Norm Colby
    3 years ago

We just installed a Brizo Sotria shower head and it leaks at the adapter going into the wall, with water likely dripping behind the wall. Our contractor says he's never seen such a poor shower head design before. We now have to pull this out and replace with a different brand and probably can't get a refund. I would be very careful before buying one of these. For the $$ I would have expected much higher quality and engineering.

• HU-708509362
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I'm going through a bad experience with Brizo now. Bought a brand new $500+ faucet from a plumbing supply house over the Internet in November 2020. My contractor just installed it and it leaks. Brizo will not honor their warranty and is making me return it to the supplier for reorder. Their stuff is very expensive, lead times are horrible and their customer service absolutely sucks. I was on hold today for several hours just trying to get through to a warm body. Bottom line, I would never buy another Brizo product. You can't blame Covid for everything.

• HU-919353211
    3 years ago

Hi, I love the look of the brizo line but the shower fixtures have not weathered well. In less than one year they are already corroded. I contacted customer service and they said it's my fault.

• Donna James
    3 years ago

I had to have a cartridge replaced within a year of a barely used shower installation. I love the look of Brizo but they have had more problems than I think they are worth.

• HU-77783395
    3 years ago

Brizo, Sederna, all made in China and are very expensive and on back order forever. These faucets are crap, stay away.

• Deb
    2 years ago

Have a Brizo kitchen faucet. The hot water sleeve keeps coming unscrewed. Have had a plumber come out once to just screw it back in, and do nothing more. It continues to come loose. I have to agree with others for the price of the faucet it should last longer than a few years. Would not recommend.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    2 years ago

this post is 5 years old. if you're advising the OP on what or what not to get, I'm sure it's done.

If this is just for info for others, it's misleading because there are dozens of models of brizo. I have 3 of them in my bathroom and love them. And, they send replacements if any of the color chips. my sink drains chipped (I have black) and they sent me two replacements without hesitation.

• popoki47
    2 years ago

Sometimes i think negative reviews are posted by a brand’s competitors. I have Brizo and love it, and find their customer to be outstnding.

• Anne Duke
    2 years ago

I have had a Brizo kitchen faucet for 8 years. As much as I love the look, the cartridge needs replacement about every 18 months. Yes, the service is great, but not fast, and it’s annoying since it’s clearly a flaw.

• Anne Duke
    2 years ago

Just looked back at comments, and I commented about as year ago. Keeping it, ridiculous to replace now with an unknown, it’s a crap shoot.

• CW
    2 years ago

so 1 year later Brizo is working but it was not from the service work. after changing 2-3 cartridge's it still dripped. we didn't use the faucet for 3 months (moved out due to a flood) & when we moved back in it just didn't drip anymore. waiting for it to fail. Factory Rep didn't even acknowledge us, no compensation for 3 service calls caused by low quality manufacturing. They were so crass they charged us for replacements parts & wouldn't give a credit until we returned bad parts. What were we running a scam on crappy faucet parts on Ebay!!! I've probably sent $20k on plumbing since (I'm a contractor) & always be sure to tell customers stay away from Brizo & beware of Delta. Now our 6 month old Delta faucet needs replaced, not sure about Delta anymore either. I guess you don't get what you pay for these days!!!

• Mary Man
    2 years ago

Brizo is very poor quality. No replacement parts when Something breaks, my plumber hates working with brizo. Customer service is non existent. It pretty and places like Ferguson’s push it but if you want a faucet to last more than a year don’t do it. Definitely an example of form over function.

• HU-708509362
    2 years ago

I have expensive chrome Brizo faucets in my bathroom and I'm not happy with the chrome plating. I've found that they scratch very easily. Pretty sad for what they cost.

• Paolo Bellomo
    2 years ago

We got the touch-sense kitchen faucet. Does not work. It keeps dripping, and we have to use it as a regular faucet, but the solenoid reduces the flow. Save your money and forget about the touch-sense feature. Better: Forget about Brizio altogether

• Byron Goetting
    2 years ago

I ordered Brizio because it was really difficult to find a wall mounted tub filler that didn't also have a shower head. My bathtub filler is coming out of a pony wall and my shower is coming out of the normal wall. I came across this thread as I was ordering it and wanted to chime in. The contractor had already started my bathroom remodel and the tub filler I ordered wasn't going to work as a wall mount. So I needed something quickly and Brizio was one of the few products I could find in the color/style my wife wanted and available for quick delivery.

They are currently in the installation process now, maybe I will update this when all is finished but so far:

Pros: The weight of this product is heavy, they look and feel way sturdier than anything I could get at Lowe's. It definitely looks like a real product compared to the stuff made in China. I decided to just order matching bathtub and shower fixtures. Very impressed with the quality of material.

Cons: The price obviously, I bought this because I couldn't find anything else in a really limited time I had to look since work had already begun. For the price you can easily buy several fixtures from Lowe's. So the cheap stuff may not last as long but you can replace it a few times for the same price as Brizio. Unfortunately for me Lowe's doesn't sell anything that would work for my setup so I didn't have a choice, but my setup is pretty unique so that shouldn't be a problem for most people.

Important Point: The contractor knew immediately that Brizio was the top of the line and that I was getting a super high quality product, but they don't assemble as fast as the normal stuff. So the plumber needs to know what he is doing and take his time. I would imagine some of these negative reviews are due to install problems with plumbers not familiar with the product. They explained to me the extra work that was involved and I couldn't understand it enough to explain, but I have known this plumber for a long time and trust him, and they aren't charging me any more money for the extra time they are taking doing this work.

Anybody saying Brizio is poor quality is just nuts. No way you can hold this in your hand and say quality is inferior. But install is harder so that is probably what is causing some of the problems. And damn this price is crazy high! It looks really cool though, and it made my wife happy so that is worth it for me :)

• HU-708509362
    2 years ago

I may have posted this before but it doesn't hurt to say it again. The chrome finish on my Brizo bathroom faucets is very poor. We only use fine microfiber cloth when cleaing yet we still get scratching. My other bath has 30 year old chrome Eljer faucets and there is not a mark on them. Same water & same cleaning method. So I'm very skeptical of the hardness quality of Brizo's chroming process.

• Gina Glassman
    last year
    last modified: last year

I agree with the contractor. We purchased a $700+ kitchen faucet for a kitchen redo and the handle falls off in our hands. They sent the distributer a new screw for us and it was the wrong one. Handle just fell off again tonight. It's incredibly frustrating and annoying that this high end faucet makes

my blood pressure go up on a regular basis. Very annoying.

• CW
    last year

So we still have our Brizo. I had to modify it to make the pull out sprayer usable as i couldn't just throw it away. It was so hard to pull out it pulled the faucet loose from the granite a few times. There is a black washer that creates a seal to hold the sprayer head in place. I finally cut it off. So the sprayer head is a little loose but we were able to save the faucet that was headed to the dump. No one from the manufacturer ever acknowledged us or the several hundred dollars we spent on servicing a brand new faucet, changing cartridges, etc to make a way to expensive faucet work. We dont buy six figures worth of plumbing every year but we spend alot remodelimg kitchen and baths and its been zero dollars spent on Brizo!!! Never ever!!! Hopefully this review helps save someone else from the headache

• jlangmore
    last year

We just finished a remodel of our bathroom and used all Brizo fixtures purchased from a high-end local retailer of that line. We chose Brizo because it looks so beautiful and appears to be very well-made (also relied on the retailer's discernment in choice of product lines). It is extremely heavy brass and all of the movements of the handles feel smooth and firm. Although we just started using the bathroom the one issue we have is that the Kintsu tub spout with diverter doesn't work properly. When you pull down the diverter it still trickles water from the tub spout and inconsistently diverts water flow to the shower head. It also takes several seconds to divert the water flow. I've searched online to see if there's an install fix for this or is it something else. I just wrote Brizo an email today and will hopefully hear from then soon. I'll confess, I'm discouraged by all the negative comments regarding Brizo in this thread. I'm hoping with some minor fix our fixtures will function equal to their beautiful design and what I'd hoped was a high level of manufacturing quality. [If anyone has input on fixing the diverter I'd love to hear it!]

• CW
    last year

Maybe a bad cartridge? We changed it 3 times as got 1 bad replacement part, maybe 2. You'll need your plumbers expertise as the area Rep wouldn't even call my Ferguson rep in a timely manor. They were the worst. I had to buy replacement parts & pay up front before they would send them. On return of the old part (1 week old) I'd then get a credit for it. Poor customer service & ive been sure to tell every customer NOT to buy Brizo. Or we will install with no warranty as i spent more on service calls on a week old faucet than what we paid for the darn thing. Goodluck

• PRO
    Roessler's Remodeling Professionals
    9 months ago
    last modified: 9 months ago

Faucet leaks again, sorry for any typos as every time I hit the spaceor try to correct on the hou site It deletes everything I just wrote but the faucet is not good. Stay away from this manufactor read my multiple post. Several issues over the years with faucet.

• PRO
  • PRO
    Roessler's Remodeling Professionals
    3 months ago
    last modified: 3 months ago

2024 they sent me an entire new faucet. And it also drips, just like the original one from several years back.

• PRO
    Decorative Plumbing Supply
    5 days ago

where are you buying your faucets? i work at a showroom and we rarely receive calls regarding leaking faucets. Typically the lines are not flushed properly then depbris gets stuch in the cartridge causing it be defective

• CW
    5 days ago

Ferguson is my supplier and the faucet continues to be an issue as just received 2 new carts for a 17th time on the repair. Realistically 3 or 4 repairs.

• CW
    5 days ago

Now I have 2 cartridges sitting on my desk and it needs another repair for like the 17th time, all parts source from Ferguson.