Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
coolui

Gone 1978!

coolui
11 years ago
last modified: 11 years ago
We gutted the kitchen, added a gas line, removed the linoleum and put in hardwood flooring. Updated with solid wood cabinets, 30" gas cooktop, 36" fan, stainless steel dishwasher and combo micro/oven wall unit, removed popcorn ceiling, removed soffit with tube lighting and installed recessed lighting.

Comments (12)

• PRO
    Wallmark Custom Homes
    11 years ago
    Stunning work, great job with the lighting. What type of counter tops did you use?
  • lctpdc
    11 years ago
    very nice - but please find a cabinet for the trash bin!
  • daleline
    11 years ago
    Beautiful !! 2 questions. What brand of cabinets did you use? And if it's not too personal, what was your approximate budget for the whole project? Thanks!
  • PRO
    Dulmes Decor Carpet One
    11 years ago
    love it! It looks like a similar setup to my kitchen (that's desperately needing an update!)
  • coolui
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    hi all,
    thanks for the comments!
    responses are:
    counter top is caesarstone #2141. its not a white/white; has a very slight yellow tone to it.
    cabinets were from kraftmaid. my sister did not have a budget per se but the bulk of the budget went to the cabinets, then electrical as we upgraded the panel to support the new appliances. overall, we spent approx $48k.
    yes, the garbage bin has a home in a pull drawer...oops!
  • PRO
    Gabberts Design Studio
    11 years ago
    Wow!!! What a transformation! Looks great!
  • coolui
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    re the kraftmaid cabinets: profile is mandolay, cherry wood in peppercorn finish.
    also my client wnted to keep the fridge as it is still fairly brand new.
  • T W
    11 years ago
    Nicely done on a budget. You can find a smaller trash bin and keep it under the sink or find a pull-out trash can system to work into a base cabinet.
  • coolui
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    yes, the base cabinet on the island does house the trash bin...you can see this on the foto.
    like every project, there were some issues/mistakes and would do things differently the next time.
  • PRO
    Reico Kitchen & Bath
    11 years ago
    Very sleek! Cheers!
  • PRO
    Paradise Restored Landscaping & Exterior Design
    11 years ago
    This is such a fun post - great B&A - one of my fav's! Less is more and 2 contrasting colors work great!