Software
Houzz Logo Print
lauraswi

Blanco biscotti or cafe brown?

11 years ago

Trying to decide what color sink for this granite and Ivory caninets. Hardware and faucet are brushed gold. The samples in pic are biscotti and cafe brown. Any opinions? The window above sink is all encased in cream. I am worried cafe brown may be too dark. Flooring is Brazilian cherrywood which has red tone.

Comments (51)

  • 11 years ago

    I would definitely choose the Biscotti.

  • 11 years ago

    Biscotti

  • 11 years ago

    This is for kitchen

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    Contrast is a good thing. I would do the biscotti sink.

  • 11 years ago

    I can see why its hard to decide; they are both nice. And either would work with the granite. I can't tell if there is cream color in the stone. On my phone it looks white. Does the dark show water marks more?

  • 11 years ago

    Biscotti


  • 11 years ago

    So if contrast is good then should info with the darker one?

  • 11 years ago

    I meant should I go with darker one for contrast? The cafe brown?

  • 11 years ago

    Considering your darker floors - go lighter sink. I happen to have a very similar granite top and cream cabinets. Went with the truffle colored sink and LOVE it. I would not have been happy with a dark sink. If that is not a color you like, go with the Biscotti. You can always add contrasting color with decor!

  • 11 years ago
    I like the biscotti. Beautiful!
  • PRO
    11 years ago

    Darker. Always looks better.

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    Biscotti

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    I love the darker color sink but I have to vote for the Biscotti.

  • 11 years ago

    I think the darker sink would look like a black hole in a sea of beautiful ivory cabinets. I have similar ivory cabinets and granite ( mine is a bit lighter) with a bisque sink and it looks beautiful. I cannot imagine a dark sink in my kitchen,

  • 11 years ago

    Oh and please post a photo of the finished product! I'm sure it will be beautiful however you choose to do it.

  • 11 years ago

    Took a risk and went with the brown I'm scared! Here is the old kitchen

  • 11 years ago

    Yay! It'll be beautiful! Please show a pic when it's done ;-)

  • 11 years ago

    Very happy with the choice of dark sink! Backsplash is next.

  • 11 years ago

    Yay! Gorgeous! Definitely a great choice. Thanks for posting the pic... I love when things work out well ;-).

  • 11 years ago
    Pls post pics of backsplash you're considering. I have similar colors in my kitchen and I'm struggling to find one that looks modern. Thank you!
  • 11 years ago

    I am having a hard time with that also. I would like a traditional timeless look. Any suggestions welcome. I love this pic below but not sure how to get it or where I coould put it just in maybe a small section.

  • 11 years ago

    Also maybe something like this somewhere

  • 11 years ago

    Aw, just noticed the light pendant above the sink.... beautiful.

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    Perfect. Darker is always the way to go. I would look at a natural travertine backsplash- still a 3x6". Try The Tile Shop and the Bucak Line.

  • 11 years ago

    Thanks i will

  • 11 years ago
    I absolutely love the ceramic subway tile in Kilmer beige color. Where did you find that? Love your taste!
  • 11 years ago
    Can You please post a pic of your new kitchen?
  • 11 years ago

    Loudon1 do you mean the tile in the first picture?

  • 11 years ago

    The Kilmer beige I think Is actually the paint color that I am considering for the walls. The tile in the first picture is from a place called daltile. I was really looking for an ivory color. I was worried this is too tan but I am considering it. Glad to hear someone likes it.

  • 11 years ago

    Still more work to be done but here it is so far. I am in the middle of making my first meal in here so its a bit messy

  • 11 years ago

  • 11 years ago

  • 11 years ago
    Your kitchen is beautiful! Yes, I like the tan tile. I too have been looking for a cream color, but find it difficult to find one that blends with my cabinets. A few pros on houzz have recommended going with taupe or beige. Our kitchen is painted sherwin Williams latte, and the tile you chose seems to match perfectly. Thanks for sharing your ideas!
  • 11 years ago
    What is the name of this granite? It is beautiful. And what is name of brushed gold cabinet hardware? Hard to find anything gold lately. Thanks!
  • 11 years ago

    The granite is called European cream. The hardware is from kraftmaid. The brushed gold faucet is delta Cassidy.

  • 11 years ago
    Thank you! Just looked on Kraft Maid website. No brushed gold.
  • 11 years ago

    Look under decorative hardware. It is called brushed bronze. My knob is called empire.

  • 10 years ago
    Have you considered glass subway tile? Some people have recommended that to me on Facebook in cream, sand, or tan. They would probably match your granite as well.
  • 10 years ago

    Who are your cabinets made by, and what are they made of? They are beautiful!

  • 10 years ago

    Cabinets are kraftmaid maple wood. Biscotti finish

  • 10 years ago

    Still working in this kitchen. Backsplash will probably be Ivory or beige subway tiles. Does anyone have any paint suggestions by looking at my previous pics above? I really like the medium to darker Blues out there. Would that be strange in a kitchen?

  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    Can you post a picture to show us where paint would be applied (don't see any wall space in the pix except where the subway tiles will go)? Otherwise, the right blue would be awesome... something with some grey tone to it but not dingy, to pick up the grey in your counter tops... say, like Benjamin Moore color #1634 or #HC-145 (just look those up on a Ben Moore site to see).

  • 10 years ago

  • 10 years ago

    All of the hardware, faucet and light fixtures are brushed gold

  • 10 years ago

    I see no reason why you shouldn't use a blue you love. Just make sure you choose one you like with the cabinet color, that warm brown table and brown doors, rich brown floor, and with just enough grey in it to make the granite pop (that is so beautiful, by the way)... then, choose it one shade lighter than that since there's so much deep brown.


    Otherwise, I might choose a pale but rich color in the yellow family to complement and brighten the rich browns and spark the golden tones in the granite.

  • 10 years ago

    Good advice. I only wish I could pick a color that sounds as good as what you described. Any color names you can give me??? Haha. I'm lost!!!

  • 10 years ago

    Benjamin Moore color HC-4 (Hawthorn Yellow) is a gorgeous color paired with the rich browns you have and would be stunning with the brushed gold fixtures AND the biscotti cabinetry and white trim for any trim that you have that isn't brown (and white ceiling!). Now, when you see that color on the paper chip sample, it will not look particularly "yellow." Same goes for on your computer's monitor. But trust me, it is. It will amaze you. Ask a dealer if they will paint some on a paint stick or bigger chip for you then hold it up in your kitchen. What may seem like a wonderful color, no matter what family of colors you'll be using, can be a different story once held up in the room you're painting. So if you like a family, adjust it slightly lighter or darker depending on how it appears in your room.

    The blue color family I posted above already. Good luck! Can't wait to see the finished job! ;-)

  • 10 years ago

    lol... I just looked online at the Ben Moore site and the Hawthorn Yellow sample looks absolutely beige or tan... so wrong, lol. It is indeed a yellow, though, so if you're going that way, just go see it in person.

  • 10 years ago

    Thanks so much. I will go check out those colors!