0

master bedroom HELP!

mbezjak
September 8, 2015

We are moving into a new home, the furniture pictured here is not mine. I have never had these color floors before and I am starting from scratch with furniture. I like this style headboard at Arhaus - If you look closely it is a tweed type fabric. I am a little worried that it will be hard to design around. I can go darker dressers but what color walls? OR should I go a more neutral fabric like a linen. here is link to bed... Also I wonder if I can get same look with Joss and Main or a Wayfair bed for way less $$ just not sure of the quality.

http://www.arhaus.com/furniture/bedroom-furniture/beds-and-headboards/mariah-tufted-upholstered-king-bed-in-taft-pewter-and-fossil/

• susan2494

Great space. Yes, you can get something similar but for a lot less money for headboard. What about a linen or velvet headboard? Add nite stand and dresser. How do you feel about glamorous or do you want to stay more reserved?

• susan2494

many colors

beautiful with mirrored nite stands

• susan2494

Blue would be a great color for walls or a silvery gray. No problems with the floors. Since the room is large think about an area rug and a great chandelier.

• teamaltese
    For an upholstered headboard, how much "quality" do you need? I strongly suggest Wayfair (Joss and Main) are the same company as Wayfair). You will find tons of upholstered beds at every price point, from $1000s to $100s. And of course, your local furniture companies will have this too.
    Madera Decor

This room has a great size, with lots of potential. With the room being so airy and light, it's the perfect blank slate. I specialize in rustic chic and modern industrial interiors hence my below suggestions :).

You could add some really great textures to give the room more layers. You might consider;

1. Art above mantle Gallery Wall
    2. Painting room wall Soft Grey
    3. Seating area near the fireplace Seat and table positioning
    4. Fireplace Table Table
    5. Textured area rug Shag Rug
    6. Bold accent chair(s) Century Styled chairs
    7. comforter cover Anthropologie
    8. Wall art Art

I can't see the rest of the room but I hope this helps!

All the best on your room décor!

Ugochi

mbezjak thanked Madera Decor
  • susan2494

BM St John Blue

Imperial Gray

silver song

• susan2494

BTW all items in my photos are less than $800

Madera Decor
    Let me know if you need help executing the idea. I work with folks all over the US, and I have trade discounts with the companies you mentioned...
    you can find me at www.MaderaDecor.com

Bests!
  • Maureen

First thing I would suggest is using an on line room planner - here is one. http://www.potterybarn.com/shop/design-studio/room-planner-tool/ Add the dimensions and locations of windows/doors/fireplace etc, so you can decide on what pieces of furniture and their best locations. Your room is large enough to incorporate a lovely seating arrangement in front of the fireplace and I would start with that. It seems you know the style of room you want, given your headboard choice and I would look at lots of master bedrooms on Houzz that had this style. The king headboard in picture is from Pottery Barn for $949, but there are lots of other choices and colors. Then decide on bedding, then a rug (which I would suggest) and curtains. Last comes the lamps, art and paint color. In regards to a color scheme, any color will work with the floor and either light or dark colored walls will work - a pesonal decision. Nice to have a clean slate, but it does make for lots of decisions. PB has free consultations, so if you decided to go with one of their headboards, they may be able to help you. Enjoy the process!

• Marina Frangolias

What a gorgeous room to work with! I love wallpaper even to add texture. The headboard wall would be perfect to wallpaper an accent wall and then compliment the rest of the walls with a neutral tone. I agree a chandelier would make the space elegant and depending on your style some seating around the fireplace such as a chair or chaise. Have fun on your project...:)

• jlorie
    Silver strand or sea salt for the walls
    Venetian Plaster Painting

Light gray venetian plaster is elegant and white Marmorino fireplace. Stunning

Need help with a Houzz order? Call us at 1-800-368-4268 (Mon-Sun)