Software
Houzz Logo Print
bradh70

Sound transfer....

10 years ago
How did removing the insulation from the ceiling effect sound transfer between the basement and first floor? I'm considering doing the same thing with my basement ceiling but worried about echoes across the floor of the first floor. Thanks!
Our basement · More Info

Comments (3)

  • 10 years ago

    We did not remove any insulation as the basement was unfinished to start with. We have teenagers and there is not a lot of noise from the tv or video games. The door to the basement is paned glass and we have wood floors on the first floor. I would say noise has not been mush of an issue.

  • 10 years ago

    What did you use on the floor? Basement looks very nice. I will try to use it as a model for my renovation. And on the ceiling? Thank you!

  • 10 years ago
    The flooring is stained wood. The ceiling was spray painted black.