Software
Houzz Logo Print
hillbie4

Slight update 1980’s bathroom. At some point a major remodel - not now

10 years ago

My husband
took down the mirror, so we could replace the old brass Hollywood light bar. I've already
replaced the brass fixtures with chrome. I'll be replacing the medicine
cabinet too.


Options #1
& # 2. Leave the wallpaper. I happen
to like it, but maybe I’m stuck in the 80’s. Paint the cabinet espresso chocolate, or a sage
type green to pick up a green in the wallpaper and the green coming from the
frosted glass of the shower. So that's possibilities #1 and #2.

What do
you think about leaving the wallpaper? What color for the cabinet?

Possibility
#3. Pull down the wallpaper and paint. If we do that, I'm going to
paint the oak cabinet espresso brown and the walls a greige. I'm thinking
of these as possible colors:

BM 983
smokey taupe

BM HC-172
revere pewter

BM HC 173
edgecomb gray

BM 858
athena

BM 859
collingwood

Or
something like that. I'm going with a greige because the wall tile
is a whitish grey (you can see the contrast where I took a pic of the white tub- yes there is a raised geometric pattern in a texture to the tile).
The counter top, sink, toilet & tub are white. The frosted glass gives off a green tone and the tile gives grey.

TRIM
OPTIONS: Should I paint awful red oak
window trim? The bathroom door is red oak too, but I’m not going to paint
that. If I
went with option 1 or 2, should I paint the window trim, the color of the
cabinet – espresso brown or a sage green? I could paint the window trim
white. If I went with option 3, either
the espresso brown from the cabinet or greige from the walls?

I could even paint the cabinet and window trim white....

I’m all
over the block here….and open to more ideas....



Comments (5)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Franklin Cnty OH