Software
Houzz Logo Print
nylawang

Should I expand radiant heat floor to master walk-in closet?

10 years ago

We plan to have radiant heat throughout the new house. Since radiant heat costs a lot more upfront than forced air system, we try to trim cost wherever we can.

One thing comes to mind is the walk-in closet. It's about 150 sqf, and open to master bathroom which has radiant heat tubes below tile floor. Do you think I can skip expanding the heat to the closet? I don't have the final bid yet, but figure it's probably in the $2K-$3K range. I can have very inexpensive carpet instead of engineered wood, plus the labor on trying to arrange the heating tubes into a corner.

If I don't do it, would my clothes risk getting moist? Any other concerns?

Queenscliff House · More Info

Yes, skip the closet to save money.
No, just spend the money to make it right.
No, you have to expand to the closet because .... (please add comments, thanks)

Comments (3)