Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dm_kelly

OBF November Friends

dm_kelly
8 years ago

Our Blooming Friends Swap Group [0BF] was created to have a reliable, fair and safe haven to swap and trade between group members. If you care to join us, we would love to have you.
Please be a successful member of GardenWeb and have completed a trade with two or three of our members. Membership requests should be sent to Shirley [Brittneysgran] Please take a moment to read our rules:

1. Have fun!

1. Send your swap by posted deadline for each swap.
  2. No bickering; This is meant to be fun for everyone.
  3. Send things that you yourself would want to receive.
  4. Always include a Delivery Confirmation number and post it when you send the package.
  5. Always post what you receive from your swap partner.
  6. You will be required to replace a swap package that does not make it to your partner, for any reason. Also you'll be required to replace any item that arrive broken or lost in transit. Thank-you!
  7. New members will be required to send their trades first, for the first two swaps.

For some of us we've only been friends for a few months, for others, those months have meandered into years. As I've looked back over the previous months and years, there are the happy events like weddings and children and new houses but there have also been challenging events like sickness, injury, and moving. Through it all, support and encouragement has been offered and that's what friends do so the theme for this month is FRIENDS. Through out the month I'll throw out questions and then as they're answered, names will be put in a jar and drawn for prizes so...

When you sign up also include

* what hobbies do you have other than gardening?

* what are you looking for (seeds or plants) for your garden next year?

Because you'll be including:

- a pack of seeds

- something that relates to your partner's hobby

- a thing or two that relate to friendship (this leaves it wide open)

Sign ups are by the 7th and we'll start choosing partners on the 8th but more on that later... and let's try to mail by the 20th.

Comments (344)

• amybabyboy3
    8 years ago

Great news Melinda! Hope you get better quick also!

• cryptid
    8 years ago

"cottonwood468(5)

Darrin, one part of yours was mailed Saturday and the other part is pending. Mary"

Thanks for the heads-up! Totally looking forward to it!

Melinda -- Great news about your sister! Something to absolutely be thankful for! Bummer about your cold, though. Still, you should no longer be contagious after 3 days (if my information is correct), if that helps anything.

• skyblue52
    8 years ago

I recieved my package tonight. Wonderful. Will post as soon as I unload my car. Long day

• shp123
    8 years ago

Hi Dawn,

i sent out your package this morning. Here's the tracking number...

9549 0113 3849 5329 4334 94

thanks

Shp123 (Sara)

• brittneysgran
    8 years ago

Melinda your package was mailed Monday so it should be delivered on Friday per the PO. No nothing perishable so you have no problems there. Hope that cold leaves you quickly and so thankful you received good news on your Sister.

Shirley

• Melinda Hagen
    8 years ago

Thanks Shirley, I may be going home earlier than planned, so will post pics when I get home and see it!

Wishing all of you a wonderful and Blessed Thanksgiving! We have so much to be thankful for! Hugs to all, Melinda

• cinnie0 (z 9b / So Cal)
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

I am so mad. I stayed up last night just to order the Minnie Mouse bedroom in a box set for my granddaughter and the page wouldnt load and kept saying try again etc. Finally when I got it to load 18 minutes later it said sold out. My local walmart only has 2 of them. Going to be making dinner realllll early but I dont think I have a chance.

Shirley - do you want me to go ahead and send the address list out to everyone or should I remove anyone?

Susan - I hope you enjoyed your package.

Melinda - You and your family are in my thoughts. Yay for some good news.

• canyonwind
    8 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving to all.....Enjoy, have fun and be safe!!

Annie

• EricaBraun
    8 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving!

• dm_kelly
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving one and all! Enjoy your friends and family and enjoy your favorite dishes. This truly is my favorite holiday!

• skyblue52
    8 years ago

Have a peaceful night. Enjoy the full moon.

• cottonwood468
    8 years ago

Margo, I stand with you. I would not shop on Thanksgiving or the 4th of July.

8 years ago

I did it. I got to walmart at about 420 and there was only 1 other lady there. I stood my ground next to the bed set until I could grab it at 6. I just got home about an hour ago. Boy Im pooped.

Believe me if I didnt need to grab it while its cheaper and still there I wouldnt go either.

• Melinda Hagen
    8 years ago

Rec'd a fabulous box from Shirley! She sent :

cute Thansgiving card, North Carolina Britches, Andes mints, Tea for Two book( I love tea, don't do coffee), a Woman of God devotional book with pen, the cutest picture with How to spot a Friend on it, Friends are the flowers in the garden of life, and a beautiful Iris Angel, plus these seeds: peach canna, fooled me daylily, off the wall daylily, and West Bourne piggy pen daylily! I love them all and am thrilled with the box! Thanks so much Shirley!

• Melinda Hagen
    8 years ago

How do I get the photo to show up here? You all need to see the lovelies!

• canyonwind
    8 years ago
    • Margo, I so agree with you about the stores being open on Thanksgiving....... ridiculous!!!!! It is only a matter of time before the stores are open on Christmas Day. And then they will still take your $$$$ and still NOT say MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

• Dawn, I will send you the Kraut info in the next couple of days!

• Happy weekend! Be safe!

• Annie

• Melinda Hagen
    8 years ago

I'll try again!

• Sakenya McDonald
    8 years ago

I received my package of goodies today from Darrin/Cryptid :). An eclectic variety of things to include:

Three packs of seeds (glass gem corn, cumin, and Chinese Green Luobo radishes, some gadgets such as a key chain light, tweezers, coupons for gardening supplies, and a clever little screwdriver for those hard to reach spots (which will come in handy I'm sure). I also received some butterfly plant spikes, beautiful pot holders, a butterfly bookmark (!!!), and a handmade butterfly pin made by his wife.

The little crocheted butterfly is so masterfully done, I'm a crocheter myself and the attention to detail and stitching is beautiful. I love all the butterflies, thank you Darrin!

"Just when then caterpiller thought the world was over, it became a butterfly."

• skyblue52
    8 years ago

Hello girls Been cyber compromised on my paypal?ebay account. Which opened a secuity page to attach when tring to download a cleaning page . Think I am straighten out. Now to get to the wonderful package that Nikki sent to me . I love the thoughtfulness of the craft items. I want to make the coloring books for my grandkids. And the pink ribbon items touched my heart. And of course the wonderful piles of candy and drink cup for the Christmas season. She send kiwi and lily seeds. Nikki you made my week. Well just tried to load the pictures and says Chrome not reponding. Ill figure this out. But for now going to enjoy my evening. Susan

• dm_kelly
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Hellos one and all!

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Mine was a little more eventful than planned- I ate something I'm allergic to so spent the last two days with hives and an upset tummy. The best I can figure is it was the nuts and that's going to be a sad day if proven true. I love pecan pie!

Prizes were mailed out today but this month's theme was friendship. As I've spent the last month re-reading posts from the last year about our lives and trades, I realized you are all winners and so each of you will be receiving a friendship package either Tuesday or Wednesday. An herb garden always brought such good memories because of the smells and the foods that were made with them and shared with others and then there's the meanings of the herbs- a common theme of love, protection, and happiness- things we would all wish for our friends!

basil- love and protection

chives- protection and healing

cilantro- love and health

catnip- love and beauty

dill- protection and luck

lavender- love and happiness

oregano- health and happiness

parsely- love and protection

rosemary- love, protection, and healing

thyme- love, courage, and health

your friend,

Dawn

• EricaBraun
    8 years ago

Dawn -- That's super sweet of you. Thank you so much!

• Melinda Hagen
    8 years ago

Wow, Dawn, a wonderful surprise! Will love it! I want to say how much I have enjoyed being in the swaps again and you are a great host! I hope all have a wonderful night and blessed Sunday, Hugs, Melinda

• amybabyboy3
    8 years ago

Dawn, Thank you so much that is so sweet! It has been a great swap! Amy

• mcc371
    8 years ago

This was a great swap. I enjoyed seeing what each presented to their friendship partner. Dawn that is really sweet of you to be so giving and I thank you for your friendship of kindness. You are a great host.

I will post the OBF December swap Monday afternoon.

Have a beautiful evening everyone.

Tammy

• cottonwood468
    8 years ago

If any one else needs my brand new address, message me. Mary E.

• dm_kelly
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I guess as the month comes to a close I should do a recount of who's sent and who's received...

The packages that have been sent have been fun! Looks like we may go a wee bit into December but there is no time limit on friendship :)

Sakenya sent/received

Susan sent/received

Kim sent/received

Margo sent/received

Annie sent/received

Amy sent/received

Erica sent/received

Mary sent/received

Shirley sent/received

Darrin sent/ received

Nikki sent/received

Melinda sent/received

Beth sent/received

Tammy sent/received

Dawn sent/ arrives Wednesday

Sara. sent/ arrives Tuesday

• cottonwood468
    8 years ago

the tracking shows it delivered at 1.14 pm yesterday, Friday.

• beth_b_kodiak
    8 years ago

Dawn, loved your theme and enjoyed reading the posts. Great swap and thanks to all. Seems we all, in spite of some sadness and tribulations have a great deal to be thankful for.

8 years ago

Thank you Dawn for hosting a wonderful swap this month. And you are so sweet to send everyone a friendship gift.

• SoLovelyLily
    8 years ago
    Thank you Dawn for hosting and sending out a special friendship gift. Thank you Shirley for the Birthday Card and the wonderful seeds you sent with the card. It was a nice Birthday today.
  • cryptid
    8 years ago

Mary, your first fab package arrived a couple daze ago:

What you're seeing here, everyone, is a folded totally kewl piece of fabric basically intended to be used as a simulated reptilian skin bandana, which is indeed, at this point, precisely what I have in mind for it. Ignore the small vertical white line,...it's just a piece of thread. "Hey, Elly, this one's for me! LOL!" - Whether you send anything else or not (and I know you will, because you said so), I'm totally happy with just this!! - Thank you so much!! :)

• cottonwood468
    8 years ago
    1. Aha, good, you understood precisely that it is a custom made alligator batik bandana from an Etsy shop. Thank you for the sharp photo. The white line looks like maybe part of the basic bandana design. Mary
  • dm_kelly
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Mary and Darrin- love that fabric! (Says someone who hoards fabric the same way they hoard seeds :)

And you you all are so welcome! It was fun hosting this month. One of the little garden centers I go to was clearencing their seeds (20 cents a pack!) and small garden decor so a small gift was the least I could do. Have a wonderful Monday!

• canyonwind
    8 years ago

Dawn,

What a beautiful surprise....I just opened my friendship package. Thank you so much! I received a very nice note, a BASIL sign and several seed varieties!

Truly a friendly month.....Thanks Dawn for hosting a very special month.

Annie

• smitties
    8 years ago

Dawn, what a great surprise to find my package today with the wonderful variety of seeds as well as the seed marker. (Dill-protection and luck and how I need that). How sweet and generous of you. Thanks for hosting a wonderful swap.

Margo

• bluee19
    8 years ago

Thank YOU Dawn!! I received happy mail today and thank you for the beautiful sun catcher with a pretty card with a vase of flowers and sunflower summertime mix/basil/cypress vine climber seeds. Thank U for hosting!

• amybabyboy3
    8 years ago

Dawn, Thank you so much for the sweet package that arrived today! I just love it. I am so excited about the seeds and sweet friendship card. The white black eyed susan vine looks amazing and I can't wait to grow all of the seeds. I love the hanging stained glass too it is so pretty! Thank you for such a special month! Amy

• EricaBraun
    8 years ago

Dawn -- Thank you so much for the beautiful package you sent. The welcome sign is lovely!

• dm_kelly
    Original Author
    8 years ago

You all are so welcome and it was my pleasure to host! I enjoyed getting to know a bit more about each and every one of you!

• shp123
    8 years ago

Dawn, I received your package today. Thank you so much for this very generous package. I received the following

- a set of tea towels

- 10 packets of various seeds

- notepad

- a chocolate bar

- a bundle of inspirational branch pencils made from sustainable tamarind trees.

• cottonwood468
    8 years ago

Dawn, I received your package today. Thank you for the beautiful surprises. You are brave to send glass. Among the seeds, Flying Saucers is a real favorite of mine, the blue matches our municipal recycling bins. You know how to have fun hostessing. If anyone else needs my new address, message me. And watch, I think there are early December birthdays. Mary E.

• Melinda Hagen
    8 years ago

A big Thank You Dawn! I rec'd my pkg. today and loved it! Good choices for me and I thank you for being such a great hostess! Love the plant marker also! You sure made my day!

• brittneysgran
    8 years ago

Dawn-Thank you so much and the cotton seeds...yeah. I will try all these seeds next year. The Basil sign is so nice. How nice that you sent out all these gifts to everyone.

Shirley

• dm_kelly
    Original Author
    8 years ago

You're so welcome Mary, Melinda, and Shirley!

Shirley and Margo- the cotton seeds were given to me by a farmer in Alabama. I can't tell you much about them other than he grows the stuff by the acre so hopefully it'll do the same and produce for you.

Sara- your package made it here today. Thank you for the seeds and everything! I've thought about getting a mother's journal but just never have so that'll be put to good use. I also love the earrings! Love fun dangling things!

• mcc371
    8 years ago

Thank you Dawn for the friendship pkg. I will be planting that "Texas salsa" pkg and the plant markers will come in handy too! Thanks so much!

Have a Beautiful Day!

Tammy

8 years ago

Thank,you very much Dawn for the friendship package. I have been so busy with the babies I didnt make it to the po until today.

• skyblue52
    8 years ago

Hello I thought i would post here . So not to confuse with the Christmas pics on the stocking post. Dawn sent me the nicest package of herb tags and seeds. These went along with the june trade we had. So I took a picture of the plants she sent me. I did them in a mexcian pot I

had.

• skyblue52
    8 years ago

Here are the "Annie likes" succulents. They got flooded and dring out and the cat had to taste a few. But in all still growing Thank you for the fun project.

• beth_b_kodiak
    8 years ago

Dawn thanks a bunch for the thoughtful package. It arrived over the weekend. Good choices of seeds. I've been planning to order broom corn and more herbs so I can take that off of the list. You hosted a fun swap . Great Job girl and thanks again