Software
Houzz Logo Print
akheel202

Pendant lights

10 years ago
Need advice on pendant lights in my kitchen . Whether to go with contemporary or traditional ?

Comments (16)

  • 10 years ago

    Well, your kitchen style looks right on the cusp -- what we might call transitional. You should have plenty of choices that would look nice here.

  • 10 years ago

    the faucet is Moen's modern faucet , hardware I would like to go contempo style ...for interior I want to go to contempo but still need advice on furniture also as my paint color is SW macadamia 6142.

  • 10 years ago

    Your counter is beautiful, what is it?

    akheel202 thanked ecpt
  • 10 years ago

    its giallo ornamental granite

  • 10 years ago
    Then I would go for more contemporary looking pendants.
    akheel202 thanked Carolina
  • 10 years ago
    Can someone please suggest me some good pendant lights options with pics in contemporary style?
  • 10 years ago
    I searched long and hard for a pendant with personality. I have a transitional and rustic style. I ended up with Corbett Lighting Argento Pendant, the long cone shape. It was a toss up between that and Currey and Company Regatta Pendant. They have that extra special character without being too bling-y. I also loved a seeded glass one from Corbett too. Check out those two companies, hopefully you can find something that will finish off that beautiful kitchen!
    akheel202 thanked warderjh
  • 10 years ago
    Here they are... You can see more pics on houzz
    akheel202 thanked warderjh
  • 10 years ago
    Can you please send the link for second pic?
  • 10 years ago

    Lights can always be changed. You can change your style in a few years. You cannot go wrong with traditional/classic styles. You must decide what you are comfortable with. Your beautiful kitchen would look great with many traditional lights.

  • 10 years ago
    The second one is Currey and Company Regatta pendant. Sorry, cant figure out a link, but its on Houzz. If you type it in several pics come up in real settings. Good luck!
  • 10 years ago

    Use LED "cans." They fit flush with the ceiling, they're inexpensive, and they go with everything. They also won't get covered with cooking grime like pendants, and they don't interrupt your line of sight.

    Don't forget to use LEDs under the cabinets for working at the counter, and above the cabinets to give the room a warm glow when the main lights are off.

    The cabinet above the cooktop would loo sooo much better if it were the same height as the surrounding cabinets. Don't be afraid to paint the wood. Your kitchen will look brighter and have more personality with painted cabinets.

  • 10 years ago

    Your kitchen looks so beautiful. I think some crisp and clean cut pendant light should look nice. Is it standard pacific construction.?

  • 10 years ago
    It's pulte homes
  • 10 years ago
    Plz help me with furniture and dinning ideas