Software
Houzz Logo Print
twelvegates

Help with Exterior Color Choices -- Paint and WIndows

10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago

This is a picture of my house from the real estate ad in 2013. It remains the same color. We did add some shutters on either side of the windows that are outside the front porch area.

This year, I will be repainting the exterior and adding new windows--double hungs to replace casements. The windows will have divided lights in the upper portions, and will be clear in the lower portions. The window grills are on the exterior of the glass and are the same color as the window frames.

To my eye, the brick is warmer and the gray too cold in color. I can't change the shingles.

I can choose windows that are white, cashmere, gray, dark brown, dark green, or black. Color choices here:

http://www.marvin.com/integrity/windows/double-hung-insert?view=features-options&option=exterior-finish

The window company is also replacing the exterior brick mold around the windows with an aluminum product, and has offered an astounding array of colors.

I know the landscaping needs a lot of work. For now, I'm focusing on the paint and window colors.

What do you recommend for the house color, trim color (including the brick mold) and window color? The major limitation is the 6 window colors.

I've loaded the house picture into a Paint Visualizer, and, so far, I prefer the off whites and the stone colors for the paint, but not sure about the trim or window colors. I don't think I want to paint the brick, though I would not be adverse to some type of lime wash effect.

Thanks for any advice. The upcoming projects are a considerable investment and I'm pretty lost at the moment.