Software
Houzz Logo Print
somersetlass

Finally, SomersetLass's Kitcehn Pics

10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago

Finally had a bright sunny day to take some pics of our new room and kitchen excuse our dog sunbathing and enjoying the underfloor heating! ( he's an irish wolfhound)

fridge and freezer wall Siemens fridge and freezer

Island and the dog! Looking towards the 'lounge' end of the room.

Above is from entrance near lounge end looking towards the back

Above is the Range wall. Everhot 150 cooker Mantle is Mole's Breath equivalent by Farrow & ball.

From the window end of the room looking to the range and beyond the lounge area



Above is from the table but looking at the fridge wall.

A higher shot to show the green oak beam.

The a frame glazing and bifold doors.

Sat on sofa in lounge area. Pic taken to show the full expanse of bifolds

thanks for looking

Comments (46)

  • 10 years ago

    Beautiful! Of course, I could spend all day at the dining table, enjoying the light and the view, and the fresh air in springtime with the bifolds flung back.

    somersetlass thanked bpath
  • 10 years ago

    Somersetlass, love, love, love....the style, sink;), range, counters, windows, little details like the shelf above the range, the use of different color cabs...love it all! What color are the island cabs? It's a stunning space!! Well done.

    somersetlass thanked bbtrix
  • PRO
    10 years ago

    What a great space, just beautiful! I love your range and of course the view!

    somersetlass thanked Deck The Halls
  • 10 years ago

    Bbtrix, yes the sink is great isn't it . The island is Brassica by Farrow and Ball, well, the one our cabinet maker made anyway as F&B don't do oil based paints anymore so they aren't as hard wearing.

  • 10 years ago

    beautiful! I dont usually comment but I love your aesthetic and the colors you've chosen. Well done!

    somersetlass thanked User
  • 10 years ago

    The entire space is gorgeous! So envious of all the light through the wall of windows, which must be a spectacular, 3-season, view. Thank you for sharing!

    somersetlass thanked zmith
  • 10 years ago

    How lovely!! I love the colors you used, and the A frame WALL!!!

    somersetlass thanked Springroz
  • 10 years ago

    It will be a great view once the builders come and remove their pile of rubble!


  • 10 years ago

    That is a simply elegant kitchen that will stand the test of time and is perfect for your space. It all works so well together. I love your floor and that beautiful wall of glass too. I was wondering if you outfitted your tall cabinets with anything other than shelves?

  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    It's gorgeous! How tall are your cabinets? Marble countertops? Love the colors you used for the island & range mantel. How wonderful to sit & eat at the table next to the wall of windows. Your Irish Wolfhound must love sunning himself next to those windows.

    somersetlass thanked romy718
  • 10 years ago

    Wow, Somerset, it's gorgeous. I would live at your table. Is new or something you've had for awhile?

    somersetlass thanked Bunny
  • 10 years ago

    Absolutely stunning! Love the cabinets and the color choice! Who made your cabinets?

    I want to see every detail!

    somersetlass thanked Roan Pastor
  • 10 years ago

    Love it all!!! Love the cabinets, colors, and that FLOOR - gorgeous!! Enjoy that wonderful space!!

    somersetlass thanked User
  • 10 years ago

    Wilson853, just shelves inside the tall cabinets.

    romy, cabs are 2.34m tall. The windows are North facing so no direct sun. Which is a relief as it would be so hot and bright if they were South facing! So Faolan our wolfie only sits that end if he wants to look out for prey!

    RoanPastor, Thankyou! My cabinets were made by The Saturday Shop but I'm in the UK so not much help if you were considering them ( unless you are also in the UK, which I doubt!)

  • 10 years ago

    Tried to edit the above post but it wouldn't let me. Forgot o answer your q, Linelle. The table is from a Country Estate in Cornwall, south West England. It was on eBay believe it or not, ten years ago. It is from circa 1810. It was in the Servants Kitchen of the house. You can see where they used irons from the fire to press things as there are a couple of burn marks in the classic small iron shape. Also, you can see where they had a meat grinder or similar attached to the edge as there are imprints. Amazing to think what must have gone on on that pine! It's no small table either, its 10ft x 5ft. And has four massive drawers under neath. Two at each end. Absolutely love it.

  • 10 years ago

    Absolutely stunning! All of your choices are exactly how I would do my home if I had been able to start from scratch. Can I come live with you??

  • 10 years ago

    Absolutely gorgeous. The only concern I would have would be the corbel boxes right next to the rangetop with no protection from fire.

    somersetlass thanked beachem
  • 10 years ago

    There's no flame beachem, it's radiant electric. The surround is more than the manufacturers recommended distance from the everhot

  • 10 years ago

    Gorgeous cabinets! And Irish Wolfhound - I always just want to give them a big hug. And a greenhouse? Is that what I see? I'm totally jealous of your dog and your greenhouse. Not to mention the kitchen.

    somersetlass thanked Carrie B
  • 10 years ago

    Love the dog more than thekitchen! Here he is last summer when he was under a year old with my youngest daughter, 6. Greenhouses, yes three. They are my hubby's domain!

  • 10 years ago

    Is that really a dog, or did a small horse wander into your house for a nap?

    Lovely kitchen -- so open.

    somersetlass thanked mrspete
  • 10 years ago

    Aww, adorable kid and dog! And the kitchen is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

    somersetlass thanked Nothing Left to Say
  • 10 years ago

    Yep, dog training in sparkly party shoes! Don't know where she gets the glam from, I live in steel toe capped boots!

  • 10 years ago

    That's great. I didn't realize it as an electric range.

    Love your wolfhound. I always wanted one but with no yard in So Cal, it's not fair to big dogs.

    somersetlass thanked beachem
  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    Absolutely beautiful kitchen, SomersetLass! Reminds me of the one we built/fitted then left behind when we moved from Wiltshire a year ago :-( We had a similar pile of rubble too - ours was Shaftesbury Greenstone and we did a deal with a local salvage yard whereby we swapped it for an antique kitchen table priced up at £650!!! Your Irish Wolfhound is equally gorgeous, btw......

    somersetlass thanked raphaellathespanishwaterdog
  • 10 years ago

    What a beautiful space and I love your beams. How high is your pitched ceiling? It looks very grande.

    somersetlass thanked designsaavy
  • 10 years ago

    Beautiful kitchen! Love the window wall and all of your choices. Many years of enjoyment ahead!

    somersetlass thanked User
  • 10 years ago

    Cabinetry around fridge, crazy about it!

    somersetlass thanked bossyvossy
  • 10 years ago

    You must have read my mind from across the pond - I was going to ask you to post a picture of Faolan. You're daughter is also darling.

    somersetlass thanked romy718
  • 10 years ago

    Lovely kitchen, especially the Cornish table, the beam and your fabulous windows. A good portion of my antecedents lived in Cornwall in 1810. Wish I could find such a thing here. Thanks for the wonderful photos.

    somersetlass thanked algeasea
  • 10 years ago

    Really beautiful. Very calm but cheerful at the same time. Great job!

    somersetlass thanked CEFreeman_GW DC/MD Burbs 7b/8a
  • 10 years ago

    Stunning! Love all your choices and the view. Thanks for sharing!

    somersetlass thanked Shelley Graham
  • 10 years ago

    Breathtaking view and lovely kitchen, but the story of the table captivates me most. How wonderful to have a piece with such interesting history.

    Congrats on a job well done all around!

    somersetlass thanked Patti
  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    Wonderful space. I saw your post earlier when I was at work, but wanted to soak it in on my bigger monitor at home. I LOVE the lounge off of the kitchen. LOVE the sink! LOVE the use of color. I couldn't make the color step like that, but sure wish I could have. I am sure it is a space you and your family will enjoy for years and years.

    somersetlass thanked User
  • 10 years ago

    I love love love the simple elegance of your new kitchen. I'm so glad you posted your finished photos! Your home looks beautiful from what we can see of it.

    I thought you had a nice stone wall outside those bifolds, til you showed the closeup of the "rubble". Had to laugh!

    Enjoy your new kitchen:)

    somersetlass thanked nancyjwb
  • 10 years ago

    Wow, Thankyou all for you lovely words. I know it is lovely but it's special hearing it from others! We are now only waiting to get some funds together for an antique mirror backsplash behind the range. It'll cost about £1000 ($1400 ish) so we definitely need to wait! My hubby will install it tho. He has many tiling jobs under his belt so at least we'll save there!

  • 10 years ago

    Wow! It's stunning! I love it! I don't know why but for some reason, I thought the wall of windows would be in the lounge area. You must never leave the room! Except to grab something from the greenhouse to eat. :) Gorgeous dog and trainer too.

    somersetlass thanked mgmum
  • 10 years ago

    I can't pick just one thing to comment on because it is all so fabulous. The colors, style of cabinets, hood, range, wall of windows, island, amazing antique table with an interesting history, super-awesome dog, beautiful daughter, greenhouses!!!!, radiant heat in the floor. I think I'd be laying on the floor with the dog, facing the windows, and never move unless it was to follow the spot of sunshine. Very well done.

    Would it be possible to post more photos of the table?

    somersetlass thanked funkycamper
  • 10 years ago

    Yes of course funkycamper, especially as you've been so lovely about my kitchen. Will post some later

  • 10 years ago

    Love your kitchen. Love the whole space, actually.

    somersetlass thanked Wendy
  • 10 years ago

    Lovely kitchen and views, including the wolfhound.

    somersetlass thanked Mags438
  • 10 years ago

    I had seen a sneak peak on a different thread of your purple island and couldn't wait to see the big picture. Wow! This is blowing my mind how stunning everything is together. I love it!

    somersetlass thanked rebunky
  • 10 years ago

    Such a gorgeous space! I'm sure you'll love cooking and living in your kitchen. Congrats!


  • 10 years ago

    Thank you for sharing pictures of your kitchen! All your choices add up to a unique, beautiful and beckoning space. Your daughter is lovely and I'm taken with your dog - what a big sweetie!

    I, like others, am also smitten with your table. Such a find!

    It's all so good. I wish you & yours many happy times enjoying it.

    somersetlass thanked User
  • 10 years ago

    wow! what a stunning space! it feels so idyllic as well as your setting. your table is amazing too. wishing you much enjoyment in it!