Software
Houzz Logo Print
ebuck518

Flooring

10 years ago
Your flooring is beautiful! Can you provide any info?
Coswick Flooring in an Architect Designed Modern Bungalow! · More Info

Comments (5)

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Previous comments show """Hello, that is a tavern grade, solid white oak, 3/4" x 4 1/4" hardwood floor in Amber color with a Silk Oil finish. For more information about this or other fine Coswick floors please visit westerncoswick.com.""""

  • 10 years ago

    I agree that the flooring is absolutely beautiful! I really like the color and how it matches the furniture and the doors in the room. Is the silk oil finish very common or is it really only used for this type of wood? I'd love to recreate a floor like this. http://www.mysurplussales.com/hardwood 

  • PRO
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    Silk Oil is Coswick's brand name for their oil finish on their pre-finished floor line. Oil finishes offer a lot of warmth and texture as the floor does not have to be sanded completely smooth as they do for most polyurethane finishes. Coswick lightly brushes their brushed and oiled floors for a beautiful texture. You can use oil finishes on a wide range of wood species.

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Am glad you like how it looks. It is a solid floor that is very durable and will last a lifetime. Sorry, the link you posted does not seem to work.

  • 10 years ago

    I agree with Emily these floors are really nice, and I like how they are not very shiny. I would want to have a real floor like that one that has some character. What type of wood was used to make the floor, would any work? http://www.greenmounttimber.com.au/contact