Software
Houzz Logo Print
dalibeth_perez

Paint color

10 years ago

Should I stick with this sherwin Williams perfect greige or not?

Those are the tiles we will be installing they are chilo gray from lowes, the sofa is brown/blackish


If not what color will look best? Did I pick a weird color tile??

Comments (15)

  • 10 years ago
    Here are the pics of the perfect greige color in different rooms
  • 10 years ago
    The tiles are not laid yet but I have already purchased them ... They are light gray n white color
  • 10 years ago
    Your cabinets are quite a warm , orange color also. I think you may want to reconsider this " perfect" gray color.
  • 10 years ago
    You think I should change the counter tops ? Or just pick another color for the walls ? I kinda want s color I can do the whole house the same since I'm not too good with matching n decor
  • 10 years ago
    This is in the kitchen I will be buying stainless steel appliances
  • 10 years ago
    If you haven't laid them then see if you can do an exchange for a more appropriate color for this space. I know you may like these but if they don't go with the things that you don't intend to change, you have made an expensive mistake.
  • 10 years ago
    Are you wanting to change the countertops? Are you keeping the cabinets the same or painting them? If you were planning on using the gray for the whole house; well it is a bit dark. It doesn't go with what you have. If you wanted to have a softer, grayed palette you would have to change your countertops; paint or redo your kitchen and I would recommend a backsplash. If you do not want to do all this work then get new warmer hued tiles, a softer, warmer creamier paint color, a backsplash and new hardware for your kitchen.
  • 10 years ago
    I do want to change the cabinets and counter tops
  • 10 years ago
    Well then I would suggest you put your tiles aside until you make those decisions . Perhaps you should hire a kitchen planner to help you pull all this together as it can get overwhelming. I like your tile and with the proper choices could look very nice. Just not with what you have now. You seem to have put the cart before the horse . A lighter version of that gray for the whole house too when the right time comes.
  • 10 years ago
    Thanks
  • 10 years ago

    See if you can return the tiles. They will probably only give you credit. I looked on the Lowes website and your tile appear to be even grayer than your images show. I came up with SW March Wind as a color match. If you go with the tile I'd suggest having the paint mixed at fifty percent.

    There is nothing wrong with the tiles. They just limit wall color. They also do not go with your countertop. If you know for certain you are changing your countertop then the tile is fine. Your countertop choices will be limited to gray or white. You must love gray a lot.

  • 10 years ago
    Thanks ... Our next project will be the kitchen for sure ...
  • 10 years ago
    My lighting in the different room makes the tile look different too
  • 5 years ago

    We also invested in Chilo grey tile and installed it in our basement. Love the size and pattern, but found it's an extremely difficult color to match with a complimentary wall and trim color. I took a tile to Sherwin Williams and they used their color analyzing tool on it. Turns out the dominant color in the tile is a light tan! The tile is not actually grey at all. If you look closely at the darker splotches they almost appear to be a very deep forest green. White baseboard paint makes these tiles appear dark and dirty - not the look we were wanting! I now believe it would look best with dark to medium natural wood trim and a brown family wall color. We are still looking into greens and blues too. My best advice is take a piece of tile to the paint store and stop thinking grey!