Software
Houzz Logo Print
xiorober2015

Help

10 years ago
What color or finish of furniture for my breakfast dining set and great room sofas...any idea?

Comments (23)

  • 10 years ago

    creamy colour... I think the Restoration Hardware furniture would suit your home beautifully...not sure if you have that store in the US

  • 10 years ago
    Thanks so much!
  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    Right about the lighting Rusty lol. Xiorober, have you gotten any furniture yet? I agree, light cream would be best

  • 10 years ago

    I really love that stone you have!

  • PRO
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    Thinking the table needs to be dark and heavy to correlate to the dark counters and the chairs light/white...like this:

    Wimbledon Hill Park, London · More Info

    Then, be done with blacks and grays...maybe the upholstery in a warm gold...the new velvets are beautiful.

  • 10 years ago
    Yes it is a 10 thousand square feet home so I need a bigger than a regular fixture, it is a Mediterranean home and it is Laura lee fixture so love love old world style....
  • 10 years ago

    i get it. sometimes i think we deserve the term ugly american. but then so do a lot of others. don't get me wrong, i too would feel the need to lighten up on the heavy light fixtures, but i am not truly latin, just raised in that environment, so that would be logical.

    back to the problems at hand. mediterranean has a tendancy towards light - white walls, sometime peachy. light linens on old dark heavy pieces of furniture. often in the linens or in many other spots, bright colors, blues, reds, oranges, yellows are big colors. to follow are just some examples of what i mean

    Mediterranean Staircase · More Info

    Mediterranean · More Info

    Mediterranean Staircase · More Info

    Mediterranean Dining Room · More Info


  • 10 years ago

    to continue for your viewing comfort

    Edisto Drive · More Info


    exterior · More Info

    TERRA-COTTA TILES, FLOORING · More Info
    hope it helps. natural clay, whites or lights, rod iron, heavy dark woods, then brights as accents. go watch mama mia. what a fun way to take a break and enjoy the homework

  • 10 years ago

    I like what JudyG offered for dining. I'd like taupe upholstery in the other room.

  • 10 years ago
    Beautiful home. I kind of agree with Rudy, too many big lamps that are actually making the are looks smaller and darker... Have you try with a smaller chandelier?

    As for furniture I would go very neutral with cream tones and add some art for a pop up.

    Good luck
  • 10 years ago
    Little more of my home still under construction...thanks for your amazing ideas, we r going to Phoenix this weekend any idea where to shop?..
  • 10 years ago
    I know a regular size house won't take it...but from here look spectacular...it is a huge huge area...I am taking of 10000 sq feet .....
  • 10 years ago
    And I will have an glass wall of 20 feet hight, so looking to a valley, I am not worry about the chandalier from here look regular, hard to see in a picture the details of them amazing!
  • 10 years ago
    Finally we are so happy of the furniture we have chosen for our home,,thanks to all,your ideas..
  • 10 years ago

    beauty full!

  • 10 years ago

    WOW!

  • 10 years ago
    My daughter just remodeled her kitchen and keeping room. She used large globes with Edison bulbs over her peninsula, and they are perfect! Her table is reclaimed wood with metal trim and studs. Her chairs are cream and simple. Just the right touch for your kitchen, too.
  • 10 years ago

    It really looks great.

    Everything goes together nicely.

    Did you do this all yourself?

  • 10 years ago
    I am happy for your daughter ! Good look!
  • 10 years ago
    Yes, I am not a designer whatsoever but I knew what I like it! I did all by myself ! I asked advise in here! Thanks for that, I. Ll post more of the house probably I'll need some advise for the ensuite bath and my ensuite bedroom rug ..... Thanks to all
  • 10 years ago
    What is the countertop material?
  • 10 years ago
    It is Quartz !
Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County