Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kitchen4six

My FULL Reveal :) FINALLY

dietitian
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Cabinets: by Dutchwood in Bright White, BM Yarmouth Blue, & BM Normandy. Island is maple stained gray.

Hardware: Topknobs tapered pulls M2112 & knobs M1124 in polished chrome

Perimeter sink: www.seamlesssink.com

Perimeter faucet: Blanco culina semi pro polished chrome

Island sink: Dawn DSQ2917

Island Faucet: Blanco Eloscope FII

Countertops: PA Soapstone from Philadelphia Soapstone Company. Smile edge on left of perimeter sink for draining dishes

Floor- white oak with Rubio monocoat super white oil.

Fridge/Freezer: 30" Gaggenau

Appliance pulls: Cliffside industries Artisan

Double Oven: Gaggenau

Cooktop: Bluestar 36" Platinum series

Hood: Modernaire 1200 CFM (got on eBay 1/2 price)

Island lights: RH vintage French farmhouse pendant in matte black

Backsplash: Artistic Tile white stained glass 3 x 12

Comments (69)

• Kim Ladin
    7 years ago

GORGEOUS!

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    7 years ago

:) I'm always happy to hear it when someone loves their remodel and enjoys working in the new space. I love your DR built-ins! There is another current thread asking for a rec for a BM light gray--your cabinets are a perfect example.

• sf_treat
    7 years ago

Can you tell me more about the hood? Link to eBay store or model? I cat that it is Modernaire 1200 CFM, but how can I get that exact one? Beautiful kitchen. I want your kitchen instead of mine!

• oasisowner
    7 years ago

Absolutely beautiful! I am not usually a fan of blue, but oh my! That is gorgeous.

• dietitian
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Sf_treat I'm not sure the model but you can call them or show then the photo I bet they would tell you. I believe all their hoods are made to order. It was a customer return from some bargain basement shop on eBay. I did have to bring it to a sheet metal guy to cut the top down because it was too tall for my 8' ceiling, but it was still much cheaper than new.
  • brdrl
    7 years ago

So beautiful! I love the blues with soapstone. And the sinks/faucets are really great.

• wilson853
    7 years ago

I was wondering about your experience with DW. How long did it take from the beginning of your design process to installed kitchen?

• Karenseb
    7 years ago

Tremendous storage and a beautiful kitchen too.

• flamingfish
    7 years ago

Ditto on wilson853's question about Dutchwood, and a similar question about Philadelphia Soapstone. Were you pleased with them?

• ILoveRed
    7 years ago

Wow! I don't even know what to say. So beautiful.

• dietitian
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Wilson & flamingfish- DW were amazing to deal with. Very detail oriented. Jason & Rudy were great. Their designer (not Amish) I didn't love. If you use them, I suggest hiring someone to layout your kitchen locally & work out all that before giving dutchwood your final plans. This eliminates the need to deal with her. Don't want to badmouth online, so that's all I'll say. I think currently from signed contract to finished kitchen is a 6 month wait. But the quality is so worth it.

Philadelphia soapstone was a pleasure to deal with. Very timely & gave me good advice- I went there wanting a lighter, chalkier stone that wasn't hard. He convinced me it was a mistake, & I'm so glad. The PA stone is gorgeous & maintenance free. There is one seam that will never see. (Pic below) I added another to show the veining - love it

• wilson853
    7 years ago

Good to know. Thanks for the heads up. I tried to private message you before I asked, but it's not turned on in your profile.

• dietitian
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Wilson I'll turn it on- thanks for the heads up

• yeh_yeh
    7 years ago

Gorgeously done! Love the color of your dining cabinets! I tried BM stonington gray before when I was choosing wall color and it looks much darker in my home than yours, yours look like a soft gray blue, is it how it looks like in person too? Love the brushed brass cabinet hardware! I might want to do my bathroom cabinets like your dining room (in terms of color and hardware). Well done!

• jpmom
    7 years ago

Beautiful space - so well thought out in every way

Glad you went with the subway tile as opposed to your first choice.

Classy, elegant and clean all at once.

• rococogurl
    7 years ago

Very lovely and well done. Now just enjoy it!

• nancyjwb
    7 years ago

Well this just made my day! Simply beautiful. It's serene and luxurious looking, but it also looks like a serious cook's kitchen. Brilliant combo of the full overlay bases with inset uppers. The profile on your drawer bases is gorgeous; a subtle detail that makes the kitchen look that much more unique and beautiful!

Well I was getting my hopes up that you had found a stateside source for your island sink/faucet combo! Then you dashed my hopes; I don't know a soul from Yugoslavia! ;)

I may find more to gush over; let me pore over the pictures again......

May you enjoy your beautifully designed and realized kitchen for many years.

• Errant_gw
    7 years ago

Such a lovely kitchen! I'm glad to see it finally complete :)

Can you tell me about the kitchen chairs?

• dietitian
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Yeh-yeh the color is a beautiful gray with a subtle blue undertone. Great color!

Jpmom my one existential crisis in this kitchen was letting go of Carrara ;) glad I did too...

nancyjwb sorry! So silly they won't sell in the US- they don't realize the market value here!!! You summed up exactly what I wanted- serious yet serene kitchen. So glad you can see that too! Drawer details were copied from siematic beauxart, I can't take credit.

• rebunky
    7 years ago

Perfection! The backsplash was a great choice because it allows the windows and that incredible sunlight and view to draw the eye. It is so serene and peaceful. I find my whole body relaxing and letting out a deep breath saying, " Ahhhhhhh..."

• Shelley Graham
    7 years ago

So beautiful!! Kudos on a job well done!

• romy718
    7 years ago

Lovely kitchen & always a treat to see a Dutch Wood kitchen. Very cool pocket door pantry. Love the backsplash.

7 years ago

I've been looking forward to your full reveal and it doesn't disappoint. Beautiful, serene, interesting and nicely-detailed. Now, back to enlarge and stare at the photos!

• Karen Eagle
    7 years ago

Beautiful! Enjoy it

• traciel
    7 years ago

You have every right to be pleased. Outstanding. Everything is beautiful, but the faucet is amazing.

• laughablemoments
    7 years ago

Congratulations on your beautiful, finished kitchen! I hope it is working every bit as well as you designed it to. Thanks for letting us play a part in the design process and oggle the finished product. Fantastic! : )

• CEFreeman_GW DC/MD Burbs 7b/8a
    7 years ago

{sigh}

Wow.

• huango
    7 years ago

Beautiful!

Q: where are your outlets on the sink/range wall?

• dietitian
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Huango great question lol. I put one sillite hidden in the oven side panel.
  • Texas_Gem
    7 years ago

So...next GW get together at your house so we can all play with the faucet and ovens right?

Seriously beautiful!

• shelayne
    7 years ago

Beautiful!!

• dietitian
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Errant_gw chairs were on clearance at restoration hardware. I bought them & had them lacquered in white, leaving a few inches wood color on the chair legs at the bottom.
  • TwoBelles
    7 years ago

I have been looking forward to this reveal and it the final touches take it over the top! Congratulations on a drool-worthy kitchen for a serious cook. I hope you enjoy it in good health for many years to come!

• dietitian
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Forgot to take a pic of any inside organizers that I love.... Here is my spice drawer -

pyrex holder-

under sink pullout-

• TwoBelles
    7 years ago

where did you find the spice holder? Or was it part of your cabinet order?

• dietitian
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Two belles I think the glass jars are hafele & Dutchwood made the wood drawer insert.
  • Jeannine Fay
    7 years ago

perfection. great job.

• Roan Pastor
    7 years ago

O. M. G. Perfection!

• ilanamom
    7 years ago

Hi - beautiful space!! I was wondering how you like your dawn sink. Wanted to buy one but never heard of it? How is it holding up? Thanks!

• dietitian
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Dawn sink is great! Disclaimer: I'm not a sink snob. It's a sink, it works. Love the offset drain & lip to put cutting board & during rack on.

• mbergm
    7 years ago

Just found your beautiful kitchen. Love, love, love it. Trying to squeeze a pantry like yours into my smaller kitchen. Trying to go back to your earlier posts but not sure about pantry set up. Would you mind specifying the pantry dimensions--I cant quite follow the floorplan and the 3 d drawing seems to have a set back where the door would slide across?? How much wall space did you use on each side? How big is your pocket door? Did you leave about 5 inches to the right of the ovens or more?

Also, how did you deal with makeup air for that gorgeous hood? Do you have fan silencer, remote blower, vent out or up?

Love your colors, sinks, everything

Thank you in advance for any info

• dietitian
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Mbergm I will attach pics that have measurements. Pocket door is small- 24" but it's MY pantry so no traffic jams in there :) there is a 5-6" panel between oven & the wall.

fan blows right out the wall. It's fine on low. High is loud but so what? It does the job, which I care most about. This kitchen works hard! I like to hear it working :)

• cevamal
    7 years ago

Add me to your fan club: I love that island sink faucet! How are you liking it, nearly a year later? Do you use that sink a lot? Do you retract the faucet often?

dietitian thanked cevamal
  • dietitian
    Original Author
    7 years ago

My kids love to play with it! I do still like it! This is my prep sink, so it is used often. I have a small basin that sits on the ledge & use it to wash veggies. I like that I can lower the faucet & fill the sink & still chop on my cutting board without worrying I will get splashed- an unanticipated bonus. I have gotten around to making a cover for the sink but plan to do so soon. This will be for entertaining purposes when I want the full island for food with no trace of sink :)

• cevamal
    7 years ago

I really wish I didn't love that so much. ;-)

• dietitian
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Cevamal you can have it! Just takes some ingenuity :)

• cevamal
    7 years ago

Hush, you. You're a terrible influence.

• Zila Chan
    6 years ago

Hi all, I'm from Malaysia and I'd like to have the Blanco Eloscope for my sink, if anyone can suggest what would be the cheapest way of getting it over? Thanks all!

• StephanieM
    4 years ago

In awe of this kitchen...

Sponsored
Longhouse Architects
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Prominent Architecture Firm Creating Cohesive Designs