Software
Houzz Logo Print
srisumi

Need help selecting wood color

10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago


We are replacing existing bamboo and carpet with engineered wood flooring. We like the medium to dark shades. We specifically like this hardwood floor from Earthwerks. The wall paint has a greenish tinge to it. I am not sure whether this wood look good for the wall paint.

Comments (15)

  • 10 years ago

    We are looking at the Boone. Do you think it is very rustic?

  • 10 years ago
    I would say that it looks rustic, but I would really need to see it in person.

    it looks like that it has been finished so that its grain is raised and I thought I saw something that looked like there was some additional markings of distress.

    if you are going for a more rustic look, then I would look at oil sealed wood flooring. they do not have the sheen or cold feeling of wood floors sealed with urethane.
  • 10 years ago

    I am trying to match the wood flooring like this one. Do you think the earthwerks Boone is closer to this one? I have hard time imagining the whole space with the new wood flooring.

  • 10 years ago
    it is hard to tell from looking at this picture and the sample image of the Boone. I think the Boone is more attractive and has more color depth.
    srisumi thanked Kelley Dockrey
  • 10 years ago
    do you know more about the floor that you are trying to match?
  • 10 years ago
    I would ask the distributor of the Frontier Boone if they have an installation of it that you can see. I notice that carry Boone in some of their other lines.

    I attached a picture of my oil sealed floor with green walls. as you can see that it looks different close up than it does in a room. also, lighting makes a big difference to one's perception of it.
    srisumi thanked Kelley Dockrey
  • 10 years ago

    That is so beautiful! Yes, it looks so different when it is installed and with the lights. Thanks so much.

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    When you say "match" are you trying to get an IDENTICAL wood? Or are you trying to compliment the floors? How far away are the floors from one another? Are they on different levels? Or will they meet through a door way (like a hallway/bedroom situation)?

    The floors you are showing in the "home" photos have PLENTY of red/brown in them. The floors that you "like" are showing brown/grays that will probably have a clash of the undertones...which has been known to make a strong woman/person cry.

  • 10 years ago

    I am trying to get an identical wood. We are replacing all the existing carpet and bamboo with the boone. I am just worried that it will have too much texture once installed.

  • 10 years ago
    have you seen the Frontier Boone in person? if you have not, then I would purchase a large sample. it is really hard to see the extent of the texture from an image.
  • PRO
    10 years ago

    The photos you show...are they from YOUR HOME? Or are they someone else's photos? This is why I'm confused with the "match"...I thought the room photos were from your home. Are they?

  • 10 years ago

    @Cancork Floor, The first photo is from my home. The other photos are from someone else's. I would like to get that look. Thanks!


  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    @Kelley Dockrey, We got 2 samples and tried it at the house. We really like the color and texture. But, there is a picture in the earthwerks website which looks more 'busier' and distressed (with knots, edges etc) than the sample. I am attaching the 2 pictures. My concern is once installed, the floor will look more busier/rustic than I imagined.

  • 10 years ago
    if that is a concern, then I would look at other options.
    srisumi thanked Kelley Dockrey