Software
Houzz Logo Print
dsnason

Update Powder room

10 years ago
When we bought our house this is how the powder room came. It's time for a change!

We are on a budget. We can paint, change the sink and toilet (white) but will most likely keep the floor as is.

We can also remove the tiles off the walls (which goes up half way under the window and behind the toilet) add wood trim and paint it.

What color should we paint it? I am open to any and all ideas!!


Thanks in advance!

Comments (14)

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    I really like the tile, I would not change that. Change your sink and toilet to white. I would paint with an off white color. Best wishes!

  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    I also like your tile and I happen to love black toilets and sinks! You definitely need to lighten the bathroom walls with all of that dark tile going on. I suggest painting the walls an off white color (just like above me commented) because that looks like the lightest colors in the tile. BTW this room has a look of elegance, which I really love!

  • 10 years ago

    The mirror is great and can help pull the floor tile together with whatever else you put in there. Am intrigued by the suggestions of off-white walls, as I immediately thought gray. Lighter paint and fixtures will make it feel much more airy!

  • 10 years ago

    I agree to do a wild wallpaper. You can get away with that in a tiny room.

    Don't worry about this room trying to look bigger (or smaller) It is small and nothing you can do is going to change that.

  • 10 years ago

    Being on a budget, don't feel that you have to change the toilet and sink. Or take out the tile. Just find wallpaper that ties it together and do the wall above the tile and across from toilet.

    The curio cabinet is too much with the mirror.

    You can make this room look amazing on a very small budget.

  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    What about the above-the-sink lighting? That might need to change. Instead of using above sink lighting you'll have better luck finding great sconces that would go on the walls to the right and left of the mirror.

    Like this

  • 10 years ago

    So I too like the black toilet and sink but that's just an artsy thing. If you want to go white , you can. I 'painted' your toilet and sink a white and your walls more of a wicker color so you can visualize. It is difficult to tell if your tiles are black and gold ( or black and beige/pink). Guessing gold. If they are black and gold, the wall paper ideas above are great . It would be a 'statement' bathroom. :)

  • 10 years ago
    Thank you for all the feedback!

    Diane Land, thanks for painting it white so I could see what that would look like! Maybe I should consider cream if I am going to change it? The tile is more beige/pink/black than gold. See attached

    Decisions, decisions, decisions!
  • 10 years ago

    Yes, cream or almond might work. :) Thought that looked a bit pink. SURE is one of a kind!

  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    Thank you Diane Land- i am going to consider almond for sure!

  • 10 years ago
    Keep the toilet sink and tiles. Paint the walls white not off white and find simpler mirrors.
  • 10 years ago

    The powder room is a place where you can go crazy and wild, and it does not have to match the rest of your home. I agree with Leelee, go with a "funky" wallpaper, and leave the black toilet and tile alone, they lend an air of drama.

  • 10 years ago

    Thank you! Great suggestions!