Software
Houzz Logo Print
hdecfun

Is this your ideal room for your 10 year old daughter?

10 years ago


10 Girls Bedroom Ideas For Interior Design - Creative Girls Bedroom Designs · More Info
designed for the 10 yr old daughter of a couple in marrakesh.

Animal bits just toughen her up, bit of realism
surely you do not believe that childrens design is all about the child?
Ok, HF it has blue, what more do you want?
well, no, not going there, please lift the bed so i can get to the tardis I have a dinner date in Portugal.
maybe, if only you had......

Comments (29)

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Animals coming out of the walls would have given my imaginative child nightmares. Your mileage may vary..

    havingfun thanked William Morris Tile
  • 10 years ago

    comon vote! you can come in the tardis with me, we are going to a beach in portugal!

    Heck with the kid, that would have given me nightmares! can't wait to see how others feel

  • 10 years ago

    Maybe if only you had something in there actually for a kid.

    havingfun thanked Ben Hart
  • PRO
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    Seems a bit sorry Mishmash in Marrakesh, but what do I know?

    havingfun thanked JAN MOYER
  • 10 years ago
    I quite like it! It's not the typical fairytale design, but not all 10 year olds favour that. This room seems youthful, yet mature enough for the transition into teen years. As for the trophy, I don't mind that either. It's an opinionated topic if there ever was one, but trophies and hunting are societal norms in some areas. I love both frames
    havingfun thanked Najeebah
  • 10 years ago

    ahhh, naj is feeling it.

  • 10 years ago

    Imagining my 10-year-old self, yes that would've been a dream-room for me. I loved nature, travel/geography, stars and extra pillows. The only thing that needs editing out, imo, are the girly shoes. LOL I wore boots and sneakers.

    My brother, my Irish twin, had a real buck's head on his wall in his room when we were kids. The baby owl we fostered in his room would perch on the antlers. Taxidermy never bothered me at that age. He also had a stuffed pheasant, come to think of it. :)

    havingfun thanked rredpenn
  • 10 years ago

    Blue was my color then too. :) And the awesome light fixture. Right up my alley, still... :)

    havingfun thanked rredpenn
  • 10 years ago

    2 votes for!

  • 10 years ago
    Well no, not "ideal" but it's a cute room - love the rug. Maybe deer heads are popular with kids in Marakesh...?
    havingfun thanked ecpt
  • 10 years ago

    Maybe that's her first deer? There are females that hunt, I should know, I'm one!

    havingfun thanked tooky58
  • 10 years ago

    dear tooky could have gone a million years without knowing that. yes there are many here too. we got 4 year olds that enter competitions for skinning muskrats. i did not even know there were deer in marakkesh.

  • 10 years ago

    Faux Moose Head Resin Wall Mount by White Faux Taxidermy, Gold Glitter Antlers · More Info

    Perhaps a resin moose head would bring more joy?

    havingfun thanked User
  • 10 years ago

    Every child should have a tardis under the bed...if only to escape the nightmares...nnooooooo!!!

    havingfun thanked LouieT
  • 10 years ago

    i go with those. I mean if i was giving my child animal bits it would be like these

    KUDU Wall Sculpture, Small, Nickel · More Info


    Hand Grabbing Wall Hook · More Info

  • 10 years ago

    I will be very honest and have to say that the room is rather confusing. In theme, colours, and type of wall decor. It has a map, a deer head and a nature theme.

    I would rather see a nature theme in a hobby room, don't even ask me about deer head but those are usually seen in hunters' living room, and then the map of the world seems out of place over the bed.

    Then the placement of furniture seems odd, I 'd rather the bed on the wall where the deer and and then center the bed in middle of where it presently is located.

    Just a couple (of many) ideas from Houzz pages for some nice 10 yrs old girls' rooms:

    https://www.houzz.com/photos/kids-bedroom-modern-style-contemporary-kids-san-diego-phvw-vp~620932

    https://www.houzz.com/photos/canary-wharf-girls-bedroom-after-traditional-kids-london-phvw-vp~11771306

    havingfun thanked Momof5x
  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Love the floor, hate the animal...if this room is in Marrakech , how come there is no hanging moroccan lantern ? fun for a girl, no ?

    havingfun thanked Studio NOO Design
  • 10 years ago

    i agree with both of you mom and studio, this is why i put these things up. i do not truly believe any little girl would have selected these pieces. but some say they would have.

  • 10 years ago

    I agree with you havingfun, I don't think a girl would have chosen the deer head to put on wall, I wouldn't want that in any bedroom. However, having said that in the end to each his own.

    havingfun thanked Momof5x
  • 10 years ago

    i have a 10-yr old sister and although she is a tomboy i know she would not like this room. it is almost too boyish...!!.. as others have said, the deer head is too creepy...would give her nightmares...but for a 10 yr old boy, i think it could be perfect!!

    havingfun thanked K
  • 10 years ago

    some girls don't like girly. they turn out fine.

    havingfun thanked Judy Mishkin
  • 10 years ago

    My 10 year old would not like this as she wouldn't be able to sleep at night, she would find the deer head too creepy while the carpet would be to 'babyish' for her......Also a 10 yr old is not interested in maps of leaves - would rather cars or fairies.

    havingfun thanked Judy
  • 10 years ago

    I remember my daughter, at around the age of ten, finding a complete cow skull on her grandpas farm. She hauled it home, soaked it in bleach to get rid of the nasties and then proudly displayed it on her dresser for years. She also gathered up all the loose cow teeth and crafted with them. Lol She has turned out just fine.

    havingfun thanked User
  • 10 years ago

    I like the bedroom, it's different and the colors are lovely. Guess it's up to the individual child and the parent as to what "goes" in a room. We have enough living deer on our property to not want to put one on the wall, but we also have skulls we've found on the property and loads of shed antlers too. They aren't macabre, they're beautiful examples of nature.

    havingfun thanked mefor
  • 10 years ago

    the only thing i will say is that i remember my son at 10. except for perhaps the lamp he would not have had an interest in anything else in that room. I can imagine a girl or boy having an interest in one of those things, but not all.