Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marykate_hegarty

Help... Just help

MaryKate Hegarty
7 years ago
So until we can redo the entire kitchen I am trying to think of someway to make this work. Would like to avoid painting all the cabinets if I can just bc of the time. But open to anything really.

Comments (12)

• Bev
    7 years ago

If you are saving to do a total kitchen reno, I would just save my money and not worry about what your kitchen looks like. It looks OK to me--very similar to kitchens I see in houses around my area. At least you do not have anything majorly wrong with the kitchen!

• PRO
    JFF Design Architects
    7 years ago

Some sketches of the house would help us to see if there is a flow challenge that would / could lead to inspiration on a remodel. I agree with Bev above that until you are ready to do it, the kitchen seems to work but with context photos my reply may differ...

• PRO
    andesign, inc
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

We agree with Angela! If you are not looking to do an entire remodel light cabinets/counter tops, wall paint, remove scalloped trim above sink, new hardware and a great backsplash would make a world of a difference! Whites/grays/blues are transitional colors and make a space feel light and fresh. Depending on how far you decide to get involved with this project, LVT (luxury vinyl tile) is also an excellent and cost-effective flooring option. Best of luck!

• Angela E
    7 years ago

Here's some of my old ugly wood kitchen before and afters. We kept our ugly white laminate bc we were broke.

• Elle
    7 years ago

You could consider having the cabinets painted white if you don't have time to do it yourself. Even taking out the scallop trim piece above the sink would make a big difference. :)

• grapefruit1_ar
    7 years ago

There are a few simple things that will spruce up your kitchen. First, paint the walls a few shades darker. Get some hardware for your cabinets. Replace your overhead light with a semi-flush fixture. Get a couple of colorful, washable rugs. Get some coordinating, up-to-date curtains. Remove the scalloped piece above the sink.

• grapefruit1_ar
    7 years ago

I would not worry about painting the cabinets if you plan a bigger redo down the road. Maybe by then everyone will not be painting their cabinets white.

• Rachel Kellogg
    7 years ago
    Just a fresh coat of paint on the walls would perk things up.
  • Elizabeth Z
    7 years ago

I agree with others, your cabinets aren't bad at all! Yes, remove the scallop detail. The Pleasant Valley color above looks nice. Checked curtains/valances with that color would look nice. I like a golden colored kitchen personally. If the kitchen is north or east-facing, SW Bee's Wax ( two words) would look nice. I have it in my kitchen with black/cream buffalo check valances and then I use red accents. Looks cheerful!

• MarleneM
    7 years ago
    I don't think you need to paint your cabinets, they look fine. I do agree to removing scallop valance, put Roman blinds on both windows to bring in some colour/pattern, paint walls, and I also suggest updating table and chairs.
  • emmarene9
    7 years ago

Different curtains, remove the piece above the sink and paint the walls. If you feel like doing more you could paint the cabinets to the left of the refrigerator white.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES