Software
Houzz Logo Print
amymc99

Tub or just walk in shower for guest bathroom??

10 years ago
I'm trying to decide what to do in the house we are building. Upstairs we will have a Jack & Jill bathroom with a full bathtub/shower for my boys, but not sure what to do for the guest bath that is upstairs. I'm considering having a tub put in and I would have a tile surround done but then I wonder since I already have a bath in the boys bath, do I just go with a nice tiled walk in shower in the guest bath?? I don't think I really need another tub so I should be ok to just go with the walk in shower.... Right??

Or another crazy idea I had...since my boys are already 5 & 8 and pretty well past the bath stage, do I put a tub in the guest bath and do a walk in shower in the Jack and Jill shower since my boys will mostly be taking showers for the next 10 yrs+?? We are planning on staying in this home for probably 15+yrs so while resale is always a concern I'm not overly worried about it at this point.

Looking for thoughts!

Comments (6)