Software
Houzz Logo Print
catnyc

Need design/color help

13 years ago
I recently painted my NYC apt. The 14 x 20 living room walls were painted Glidden's creamy mocha (has a subtle pink tone) with one accent wall in smoky mauve (picture #3).The alcove bedroom, visible from LR was also accented on one wall with smoky mauve and natural linen (has green tones in it) (Picture #1). I have some questions about furnishing and color choices, since I'm replacing the couch, coffee table, dressers and a media cabinet for the flat screen. I am keeping my desk and a matching file cabinet (picture #4). I have purchased a leather recliner loveseat (Dario model from Macy's) and am flip flopping between grey and chestnut brown leather. Also trying to figure out what color and or pattern for a side chair, what color/or wood finish for dresser(s) and for the coffee table. Oh also, bought a beautifully bold patterned duvet cover at crate and barrel (picture #2) that as fab colors in it which became inspiration for the paint colors. I also am considering the Dawson dressers from crate and barrel -- I'll get two and use one to put TV on Im in my 40s and i love eclectic style, but I'm getting so confused and am second guessing everything. Which leather goes better, and any recommendations on side chair and rug? I love pops of color, but I want the end look to be sophisticated and tied together. Any advice appreciated. Thank you!

Comments (10)