Software
Houzz Logo Print
mistycharlie2

Wood effect bathroom floor tiles

10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago

Can you please give me some advice.

I am currently building a new house and I had wanted wood floors in my bathroom but was advised against this, so I chose a wood effect tile which looks great.

I went out to the house during the week to see how work was progressing and my bathroom floor tiles looked amazing! I was so delighted with them! But when I called out yesterday I got such a shock when I saw my floor as the tiler has used light grey grout between my tiles and the floor no longer looks like a real wood floor, but instead just looks like a tiled floor. I feel so upset about it. I will have to phone my builder in the morning and I'm dreading it as he is a nice guy and the rest of the work looks great.

Is there anything that can be done to fix this? Is it best to take the grout out and start again or can it be stained? What colour grout should be used? Black or a colour to match the tile? And should it be 1/8" thick? I know I will probably have to pay a lot to get it fixed if it can be, but I had loved how it looked beforehand Please see before and after pics below.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Lisa

Before

Before

Bathroom floor · More Info

After

house ideas · More Info

Comments (15)

Sponsored
AIS Renovations
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County, Ohio