Software
Houzz Logo Print
tooky58

Martha Stewart?

10 years ago

Are you a lover or hater? And which one are you? Comments, as always, are welcome.

LOVE HER
HATE HER

Comments (81)

  • 10 years ago

    What is a tardis door? I've seen this on other threads but I have no clue what you are talking about.

    tooky58 thanked Bev
  • 10 years ago

    Bev I finally discovered it has to do with Dr. Who on BBC, I think it transports him around. I've never watched it myself.

  • 10 years ago

    see the door?

    tardis images - - Yahoo Image Search Results · More Info
    the tardis is a time and relative demension something, not willing to look right now. it will take anywhere anytime in the universe.

    tooky58 thanked havingfun
  • 10 years ago

    Dr. Who's a kind of a cult classic. The Tardis is a time and space machine, that looks like an old fashioned English police call box on the outside (ie the size of a telephone booth) but is vastly bigger inside. It transports the Doctor and his companions through the universe and through time as they deal with various crises caused by the baddies, most notably the Daleks, but also other nasties. The Doctor himself is a Time Lord (the last one) so every now and then he rejuvenates himself and becomes someone else. I've been a fan, on and off, since the 70s. What can I say?

    tooky58 thanked jmm1837
  • tooky58 thanked User
  • 10 years ago

    Now that's just cool Tribble.

    tooky58 thanked Frankie
  • 10 years ago

    thanks jmm. sorry tooky did not mean to hijack thread

    tooky58 thanked havingfun
  • 10 years ago

    I'm enjoying the hijacking.

  • 10 years ago

    so where do you wish to hijack ms. stewart too?

    Now that does beg the question. has noone ever wondered why no man has charmed his way into her life?

    tooky58 thanked havingfun
  • 10 years ago

    That is a good question having.....

    tooky58 thanked tgb1
  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    Assume you are talking about her ideas and products, given this site. Even if you are curious about people's thoughts about her personally, love/hate options are odd; perhaps the general public may like, dislike or have neutral opinions. Some may dislike her attitude, financial business choices, treatment of others, while some may have appreciated her business foresight, creativity and determination. In regards to the products she represented, I think she had more hits than misses and has outlasted many in the business. I did not buy my couch (which is in great condition after 9 years) because she represented it, but because of who the manufacturer was and the reputation of the furniture store it was purchased from...which all should be considered when looking at any designer's line vs the name of the designer, etc.

    tooky58 thanked Maureen
  • 10 years ago

    yes, that is what she is great at. she fights for what she puts out to be quality and what her company and all her shows produce are always quality. for that, no matter her little quirks, we should thank her, because it makes it harder for the no goods to cram bad things down the lesser haves throats. It also makes it easier for other designers who believe in quality to deal with the less expensive stores. I would not buy anything from anyone without checking it out first.

    So Maureen is that the currently rare irish setter? he is lovely.

    tooky58 thanked havingfun
  • 10 years ago

    @havingfun - He's is an English Setter and our second one. People from the UK often recognize him, as they are more common there than here in Canada. We chose the breed because of their personality - love the woods and outdoors in general, but at home become couch potatoes - needed that with 3 kids! They are a sweet and loving breed and easy to train and we actually get stopped all the time with people asking about him.

    tooky58 thanked Maureen
  • 10 years ago
    You need a third option for indifferent.
    tooky58 thanked lslav2012
  • 10 years ago

    well he is both dignified and adorbs. hmmmm.... i think only a dog can be that way? well , maybe santa. lol

    tooky58 thanked havingfun
  • 10 years ago

    Anyone seen Martha lately? saw her on one of her cooking shows, she was showing teens how to make pizza. she looks like she has had a stroke.i saw nothing online?

    tooky58 thanked havingfun
  • 10 years ago

    She's been hover boarding lately!

    And she will be 75 years old in a few days! Pretty darn good. :)

    tooky58 thanked User
  • 10 years ago

    Margo's birthday tomorrow.

    tooky58 thanked User
  • PRO
    10 years ago

    You might not like her but you have to respect what she's accomplished!

    tooky58 thanked Annie Santulli Designs
  • 10 years ago
    Hmm
    tooky58 thanked minjeeah
  • 10 years ago

    oh god, two birthday parties. this is going to be sooooooo..... bad!

    tooky58 thanked havingfun
  • 10 years ago

    Annie, are we talking Martha or Margo? Both good eggs. IMO

    tooky58 thanked User
  • 10 years ago

    tooky58 thanked User
  • 10 years ago
    I appreciate Martha Stewart and her brand. Her products at Kmart were actually decent quality, her paint was incredible! I miss her presence at Kmart!
    tooky58 thanked mont215
  • 10 years ago
    Mont215, her paint was nice! The colors were so beautiful...
    tooky58 thanked Business_Name_Placeholder
  • 10 years ago
    Beautiful colors (I've saved my favorite chips and her color book) and a beautiful finish too
    tooky58 thanked mont215
  • 10 years ago

    Tribble you come up with some winners as does havingfun. Thanks for the giggles.

  • 10 years ago

    tooky58 thanked User
  • 10 years ago

    for all those interested, last i looked, martha had colors at walmart, so maybe they just transferred?

    tooky58 thanked havingfun
  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Martha and Margo!

    tooky58 thanked Annie Santulli Designs
  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    to Margo!

    tooky58 thanked User
  • 10 years ago

    A great teacher who never ages, an expert in everything. I watch 'Martha Bakes' on PBS Sundays.

    tooky58 thanked artsyphartsy_home_maker
  • 10 years ago

    yep getting into that now too.

    tooky58 thanked havingfun
  • tooky58 thanked User
  • 10 years ago

    someone was ranting about her earlier, again admitted they learned something from her even though they hate her. silly silly.

    Thanks roxsy, loved the bit about the chocolate chip cookies, will try to use in making better low sugar brownies? See that is the kind of stuff you just can't get anywhere else. i have asked america's test kitchen more than once and got nowhere with it.

    tooky58 thanked havingfun
  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    Tru dat HF!

    I just don't understand why everything has to be a competition for others. Can't we just enjoy Martha, all her quirks, all her perfection, all her downfalls and all her successes? :)

    In the grand scheme of things, "Martha's a good thing." LOL

    tooky58 thanked User
  • 10 years ago

    well with qualifiers, would not to live or work with her, you are right. I think she is our generation's Julia Child, or maybe the julia child of everything not french? lol

    a pbs for the home! anyway, no she is not my favorite person, but noone has replaced her, and I can not think of anyone who has topped her, though a number have tried. she and her troops worked hard to give a lot of info in a 5 minute sound bite.

    Happy birthday Martha! You are a good thing! Along with our mia friend Margot!

    tooky58 thanked havingfun
  • 10 years ago
    I agree with you @RE3Designs. Sometimes she designs products that I love, but sometimes she designs a product I'm not a big fan of . Like you said,'You buy it because you like it'.
    tooky58 thanked EiDesign
  • 10 years ago

    to me it goes without saying. i can think of no logical reason i would buy handmade crystal glitter in hot pink and purple, but without her, we would not have the choice would we?

    tooky58 thanked havingfun
  • 10 years ago
    This is stupid. I don't know her, how would i know if I like her or hate her? What are you really asking? Do I like her style? Do I like her products? What? My sister in law worked for her and liked her, does that count?
    tooky58 thanked km kane
  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    km, I agree. I can't speak for the OP but I think the OP meant Martha Stewart as a brand or a personality not as an individual. At least that is how I took it...her style.

    Saying that, I like the Martha Stewart I see on TV or in magazines. :)

    tooky58 thanked User
  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    My husband likes John Deere and my son in law likes both Harley and Davidson. LOL

    tooky58 thanked User
  • 10 years ago

    promise not to tell john deer! would not wish to hurt his feelings.

    tooky58 thanked havingfun
  • 10 years ago

    I was meaning mostly her show, should have been more clear but thought this up quickly. I love john Deere and Harley Davidson too, one love to own one.

  • 10 years ago

    yes, i have learned much from her shows. all of her shows. harley, john and david, not so much.

    tooky58 thanked havingfun
  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    I would not look forward to socializing with her because she appears to have to always be right (when that is MY role lol) but I have learned a lot from her and had some nice lunches on her recipes. Gets on my nerves but she does add value.

    Noooooowwwww, the rachel ray person, the giada person........ aaaaargghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..

    I do have capital letters on my keyboard but refuse to use on these two.

    So there. :)

    tooky58 thanked eli
  • 10 years ago

    did anyone see her baking show with things made out of filo. simple yet gorgeous!

    tooky58 thanked havingfun
  • 10 years ago

    havingfun.. no, but you had to say filo... this is the sound of me sliding off the wagon again

    tooky58 thanked eli
  • 10 years ago

    i watched her do something the other day, and it was so time consuming that i had to ask myself how others could buy into that she did all this buy herself! lol

    Eli - have you thought of actually running for president? might be a good option for the rest of us. brew haha - in honor of halloween

    tooky58 thanked havingfun
  • 10 years ago

    Will ride my MS broom into the sunset now.

    tooky58 thanked eli