Software
Houzz Logo Print
williamshouse

Question about no baseboards

13 years ago
We are doing a Spanish house with wood floors and no baseboards in the main living area. My builder has already ordered the casing for around the doors. Is it ok to have casing with no baseboards or should we keep the casing off the doors as well?
Charmean Neithart Interiors, LLC. · More Info

Comment (1)

  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Hi Sara. Good question. I would definitely stick with the no casing idea for a Spanish house. If you really want to see one trim element than I would do base boards and not casing on the doors or windows. A nice rolled plaster edge detail on doors and windows is my preference. Here is another Spanish house I did with a base, but no casing anywhere else. I like this look too.
    Charmean Neithart Interiors, LLC. · More Info

    Charmean Neithart Interiors, LLC. · More Info


    Hope that helps.
    Charmean Neithart