Software
Houzz Logo Print
melissa_griffin57

Kitchen cabinet colour

10 years ago
We are in the process of building a new house. The kitchen design is done, but I can not decide on a cabinet colour! The walls will be painted BMW White Dove, I am doing a white and grey quartz counter top and a beveled white subway tile and clear globe pendants.

I am torn between light grey with a dark grey island, white with a navy blue island, or just all white cabinets.

Comments (16)

  • 10 years ago
    I just did my hideous honey oak cabinets a light blue-gray and I love them. Depending on the color and the bounce in the kitchen, gray can change color during the day which is kind of cool. I was going to do a darker island as well, but when they were finished, I kept it same color. But I had gold granite that I didn't have the money to replace, at so I had to keep it simple.
    But I also like the white and navy idea. Very clean and Chris. It does about a slightly beachier vibe so it depends on the style of your house and other furnishings. If you have an open concept kitchen a lot of Navy in the family room, go for it.
  • 10 years ago
    That was crisp, not Chris. Autocorrect, sigh.
  • 10 years ago
    You can't go wrong with an all white kitchen. If you need a bit of color, I'd go with grey. A blue island works but it will limit your ability to switch out accents in the future. Grey is more neutral. I like my accent pieces - fabric....blenders....etc to give pizazz...easier to swap out than cabinets!
  • 10 years ago
    I would do all white cabinets with a dark island in either the dark grey or navy. I think it looks effective and not so clinical
  • PRO
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    I'd keep the entire kitchen , island included as white cabinetry and allow myself the total freedom it provides adjacent areas, like the family room or great room. Next best, the pale gray, but with so many other venues for color and texture in the kitchen and those adjacent and usually very visible areas.... .........not really necessary to commit color to the island. JMHO.

  • 10 years ago

    all white but I would have chosen cabinet color before countertop and backsplash

  • 10 years ago
    This was the inspiration board I had for the open concept space. My first thought was two-tone grey, until I met with the cabinet supplier. I expected more ability to customize my choices, but the only available light grey was much darker then what I was planning on using.
    Now I am questioning everything...

    Here is the spec layout with all white.
  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Beautiful choices! All white cabinetry with either grey or navy blue island would work wonderfully in your kitchen.

  • 10 years ago
    what about grey cabinets with white island? I've see some beautiful pics on houzz of a lighter island
  • 10 years ago

    I like the white better with your quartz (although I feel like there must be one with grayer tones that would go better with both cabinets!). All white could be great, and seems to fit with your vision board, but I think a blue island looks totally gorgeous -- classic and playful at the same time. That's also an easy repaint if you wish for more color flexibility later.



    Shingle Style · More Info

    Misty Blue · More Info


    Fit for a family (Bodbyn IKEA cabinets) · More Info


    Interiors · More Info



    Westport New home · More Info

  • 9 years ago
    I just post something similar my inspiration pics and my paint choices . I chose Gray Owl BM for cabs and deciding between Whale gray or Hale blue BM for island.
  • 9 years ago
    @Mellissa G please tell me the color of your blue sample?
  • 9 years ago
    Looks beautiful!
  • 9 years ago
    What was the name of the blue?
  • 9 years ago

    I don't know the colour, it was a stock cabinet from the supplier.