Software
Houzz Logo Print
manuel_mas

Need help with Bedroom Curtains (and anything else you notice...)

10 years ago

Hello:

I have been waking up early in the morning due to early sunlight coming in through my window blinds. I am planning on installing curtains to help out and dress up the bedroom. What do you guys recommend based on these pictures?

Also, feel free to shout out any other suggestions other than curtains.

Comments (17)

  • 10 years ago
    Omg I love what the other poster suggested! I would definitely do that if I were you!
  • 10 years ago
    I would add a rug w a white and yellow pattern (if you go w a design like above) to fit under the bed and the nightstands. Also I would add a tall plant or floor lamp in the corner beside the dresser. It would also be nice to pick up the pop of yellow color w decor accents placed on the dresser top
  • 10 years ago
    You could frame out the window in wood, add curtain rod and tie backs to the wall
  • 10 years ago

    That is actually quite nice. Which curtains specifically did you used from the link?


    What suggestions do you have for the empty side of the dresser? I agree that part is empty and boring.

  • 10 years ago

    Itching to play with the other side of the room, but I can't at the moment as I must get back to work. It's 2.30 and my lunch break has extended rather too long -- I have a rush job to do this week. I might be able to post something later, depending on how much work I get done.

  • 10 years ago

    Thanks a lot.

  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    I'm not up to doing another mock-up, but I've been thinking of various options and believe the best way to treat that wall would be to put a pretty mirror above the dresser -- not necessarily as big as the one below, but with that kind of effect. I would swop the photograph and the coral around because then you don't see the stand at the back of the photograph. I'd put the coral on a higher plinth -- notice the height of the lamps in the pic below and how they tie the shapes of the dresser and the mirror together. I think you may need something in the window corner, not sure what ... a tall plant? A cute chair like the one below? (From Overstock, but I couldn't get the direct link to it from the google page.) Not sure.

    I would love to see that wall in grasscloth wallpaper, to match your existing paint, if the budget allows. The texture would look beautiful.

    StarrMiller Interior Design, Inc. · More Info


    Bing Qing Beige Grasscloth Wallpaper, Bolt · More Info

  • 10 years ago

    I think you should move the dresser to the wall opposite the window. It looks too close to the bed.

    Also, if you leave the dresser where it is, I wouldn't put a mirror over it. It is bad for your sleep to be able to see yourself in the mirror while you are in bed.

    I also suggest moving the bedside table closer to the bed. The space between them is awkward.

    Have fun with throws and curtains.

  • 10 years ago

    I've heard that said about mirrors opposite the bed, Auntthelma. I think it's a feng shui thing? But I've lived in five or six bedrooms with a mirror directly opposite to the foot of my bed and never felt the slightest unease.

  • 10 years ago

    It is a feng shui thing, but one that I think comes of common sense. It's spooky to see a moving figure out of the corner of your eye in a dark bedroom.

    If it doesn't bother you, of course, it's not an issue in your home. To me, it's way to keep my bedroom more stress-free.

    (I follow the more down to earth feng shui principals like no clutter and be sure you can see the door. Not as into the symbolism principals or the bagua map.)

  • 10 years ago

    Smiling at the thought of spooking yourself. Eek! I keep my bedroom stress-free with a purring pussycat.

  • 10 years ago

    I couldn't move the dresser to any other place. I will take a picture of the other side of the room later on. There is a floor mirror in the corner. A nice chair would be a good idea for that empty space next to the dresser.

  • 10 years ago

    This is the rest of the room, if it helps:


  • 10 years ago

    Okay, you already have a mirror, so you don't need another. Art then, something that matches the tranquil mood of your existing picture. To your taste, of course, not mine, but this is the kind of thing I mean by 'matching'. And I wouldn't necessarily frame it the same way, although that could be done. But I prefer pictures to be framed according to their own look, and different frames in one room are absolutely fine.

  • 10 years ago

    I love the wall art above the bed, such a beautiful flower! It is a little difficult to see what the color of the bedspread is, but if you would like a touch of gold in the room check out these navy throw pillows with metallic gold lotuses (also available in metallic silver). And you could add a soft plush navy blue throw for the end of the bed. And maybe some long dark blue sheer curtain could bring it together.