Software
Houzz Logo Print
tdpasley

Discount Bandit for appliances?

10 years ago

Has anyone here used Discount Bandit for appliances? The discounts are considerable but there aren't too many reviews out there for the company. Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Comments (27)

  • 10 years ago

    TANSTAAFL. If it is too good to be true, then, yeah, it's too good to be true.

  • 9 years ago

    Did you use Discount Bandit and if so, would you recommend using them?

  • 9 years ago

    I didn't. Went to Best Buy and got a $400 gift card back, plus 200 off, when i bought the whole kitchen appliance set. I took that and ran. At least i can verify it. I'll only use discount bandit to try out something cheap, if i ever do.

  • 9 years ago

    I am considering them for a fridge. Just wanted to check back to see if anyone had used them yet?

  • 9 years ago

    First time user of Discount Bandit. Seems like a sham. I was told the product was "in stock" but the seller they referred me to had to order the appliance. Very poor communication from both parties. I called yesterday to cancel the order since it was not in stock and was told I would receive a confirmatory email within a hour. I never received this confirmatory email and called them back today and was told that the person I talked to yesterday was wrong and that I need to communicate with the seller they referred me to. They take no responsibility for falsely advertising that it was in stock, for the order I put in with them, or for the claim yesterday that the order was cancelled. They even hung up on me! I'm hoping that I find the seller they referred me to more responsive.

  • 9 years ago

    My experience as a whole was fine. They say they dont ship quickly up front. But it was worth it for a 25% discount.

  • 9 years ago

    Worked out fine for me. Item was new and I saved about $200 on a fridge.

  • 9 years ago

    I used them great by $300 cheaper than Home Depot delivered when said it would be delivered great product for a great price had no problems bought a washer

  • 9 years ago

    Hi Kumaray..... How long did it take from the day you ordered to the day you received the product ?

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    @kathyvanwylen May I ask what type of product you ordered? I am looking at a range hood that is out of stock everywhere else but says it is in stock at Discount Bandit.

  • 8 years ago

    same here and im heistant to order it now because of this blog


  • 7 years ago

    @Roque, why? the majority of respondents who used this website report having had a positive experience. If anything, I am now MORE inclined to try discount bandits!

  • 7 years ago

    I too was looking for a piece of furniture--a headboard--that was out of stock everywhere. I eventually found it on Deal Bandit, considerably cheaper than it was on the sites that still showed its price. Unfortunately, I did not test my hunch by ordering it. That was just because I thought better of the expenditure, not because I was afraid I'd be throwing money into a black hole. All I can add to the discussion is ditto on DB selling an item that was out of stock everywhere else I looked. And I looked for a long time.

  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    I drove to several places looking for furniture. I needed almost everything as I was downsizing and got rid of all the old. Places I went in town thought they could get my loveseat but then learned it had been discontinued. I didn't know what I was going to do because I already had ordered a glider that would match it. Disappointed, I came home that night and search the internet for this chair and came across Discount Bandits. Never heard of them but had to take that leap of faith that my loveseat was out there! Lo and behold it really was! And it arrive before the glider I ordered from the local store! And free delivery! I highly recommend ordering from them and I would do it again :-)

  • 7 years ago

    This site is a joke. They take no responsibility once the order is placed. Beware if they state the item in "in stock". In my case, they sent the order to one of their partners and it took 6 weeks to ship. If this was mentioned up front I would have gone elsewhere. Not worth the slight discount. On top of it, the product arrived damaged, so now going through the painful process of getting it replaced.

    Discount Bandit is just a middle man, don't expect them to take any accountability once you order and they have your money.

  • 7 years ago

    It was legit. I like to research a product and find the best price before I buy. When I decided on the right Washer and Dryer I diligently searched for the lowest price and found, by far, the best deal on DiscountBandit. I was a bit skeptical at first because I have been burned before by other companies that offered quality products at low prices. DiscountBandit had good reviews so I went for it. Their website advises that if your priority was "fast shipping" then this was not the place to buy. I was okay with that. It also promised that items were top quality, not seconds, and have full warranties. I made my purchase online with no problems. I received communication updates along the way. A little over 3 weeks later I had my new washer and dryer and couldn't be happier.

  • 7 years ago

    I was shopping tonneau covers for my new truck & found the exact make/model (part number) I wanted. A Google search found this website & showed the price, which was $33 less the the 2nd lowest price, which was $79 less than the msrp. I made the purchase through this website & within a couple days the price was honored & within a week the product was on my doorstep. The cover is as expected: genuine.

  • 7 years ago

    I will say that just like everybody else in the reviews I was having a hard time believing that I was ordering a washer and dryer online for almost the retail store price of the dryer alone. I will admit that I remained skeptical about the process for the entire four weeks it took for the items to show at my home. When the appliances showed up on the delivery truck I was super happy that Discount Bandit was for real. They did everything exactly as they laid it out on their website. Clearly if my refrigerator went out tomorrow, Discount Bandit would not be the place to go because of the wait time, but I think I will look more closely at when I replace my appliances so that I use this company in a non emergency situation. Overall, any time I can save money, particularly the kind of money I saved on this deal, I am a very satisfied customer.

  • 7 years ago

    Discount Bandit failed in what they had listed to sell. Went to buy 4 chairs, that were slightly cheaper then elsewhere, next day I got an email, that they could not deliver what I ordered. The other catch was, final price was listed with No tax, then they sent a note that if they found the product in my state, then they would have to charge tax. Not really full disclosure when trying to purchase the product.

  • 7 years ago

    I placed an order and 2 days later it was cancelled because they couldn't find a retailer to honor the price. What the hell? I should have known my order would be cancelled or some problem would arise based on the reviews of this company. How can you advertise an item for sale then just say oops! That is so unprofessional. This has nothing to do with this being a new company, as they claimed, this is just bad, unethical practices. They either had a company, that hopefully was vetted, that would fulfill the order at the price advertised or they did not. Obviously, in this case, they did not have even one company that agreed to sell the item at the price they advertised. Shameful. BTW, the item is still for sale but they jacked up the price $35!

  • 6 years ago

    So... to sum everyone's experiences, it's a bit of a toss. They propose a price they believe they can get for their customer, but are not always successful. Sometimes it takes a while to ship, because the vendor probably caters to everyone direct first. My take is, not a great option when time is important, or when you already have a good alternative that is time-sensitive. Worth a try for something that will not impact the project if delayed. I would venture to say, if a product is out of stock everywhere else, chances are DB will also strike out. Remember, they don;t stock. Still, worse that can happen is they tell you they could not locate the item. Would be interesting to see how they do when an item is not on sale anywhere but they claim a steep discount (a range that is just under $3000 everywhere, but $2300 on their site. But their price comparisons show it available for an older price of $2500 at one of the sources I was considering. They might have a back channel at a time when all other vendors are keeping the price locked down, or they might simply have old information and will not honor the price. Will report back if I free up the budget to make this purchase.


  • 6 years ago

    Still have my fridge 3 years later and working great.

  • 5 years ago

    I am using them for two purchases. The first was a GE Cafe Range. The price difference was significant from other places and the 5 year extended warranty MUCH cheaper. They are using Goedecker to fulfill the purchase. The price is hundreds less than Goedecker's online price and their warranty. Problem is the item is on backorder almost everywhere. Most places won't have it until January or February. Best Buy has it but it will cost at least 25% more. I'll wait. The next purchase was a low profile microwave. It was ordered about a week ago and is being delivered today. Price was about the same as other places but the 5 year extended warranty lower. Also many places did not have inventory. At this point, I'm pleased with their service and prices.

  • 5 years ago

    I ordered a LG refrigerator and Zline range. I received the range, no issues. I have had nothing but problems with the frig. delivery (AM Trucking) I was told by my contractor to order my appliances right away because of delays with the pandemic. I let them know I didn't need till May. They kept trying to deliver before that. Now that I need my frig., they have been showing up but having all kinds of excuses to not actually bring in my house. This has happened at least 4x. They were scheduled again yesterday, and were a no call no show. When calling the trucking company, you are at least 20 calls deep in line and I twice the call has been disconnected just as I was getting close. I have now been waiting 18 minutes and they say I am now caller #6. We will see.

  • 5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

    Update to my comment 6 months ago. Discount Bandit takes the order and walks away. 99% of the time I guess it works. The Cafe range was never delivered. The delivery date kept getting moved forward. We gave up and got refunds from both Discount Bandit and Goedecker's. Never using Discount Bandit again and certainly won't buy from Goedecker's.

  • 5 years ago

    Tried to order a bathtub through the site, early August. No emails. Contacted Discount Bandit. Received 2 emails: we do not have any orders on file for you. I ordered the bathtub from another vendor. Then weeks later I receive ANOTHER BATHTUB and there is a charge on my credit card for $582. THERE WAS NEVER ANY EMAIL CONFIRMING THAT THE ORDER HAD BEEN FILLED OR THAT IT WAS BEING SHIPPED. Now I have an extra bathtub in my house and a charge on my card that I have to cancel. I've learned my lesson. SAVE yourself the headache and get your stuff from a reputable business.