Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jaybar

Kitchen Reveal Before and After

7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Finally just about done our kitchen remodel. Complete gut job and added a dining area and mudroom.

Here are the before pictures... horrible kitchen, black cabinets, horrible lighting..

Wait for the transformation!

New Kitchen

Cabinets and Countertops

• White Macaubas Quartzite
  • Holiday Kitchens Nordic White, Mission Style
  • Island color Galveston

Hardware Jeffrey Alexander Belcastel cabinet pull and knobs

Faucet Newport Brass East Linear, Polished Chrome

Sink- Franke ORX110, 18 gauge undermount 30 2/3x 20

Lighting

Restoration Hardware 20th century factory filament clear glass funnel pendant

Ballard Designs Orb

Appliances

• Blue Star 36 inch RNB366BV2
  • Best Hood
  • Subzero BI36 U/O
  • Bosh dishwasher SHP65TL5UC

Backsplash

2x4 white marble

Chevron marble- not sure maker

Comments (33)

• 7 years ago

• 7 years ago

beautiful! just love your island and the pendants above.

• 7 years ago

Absolutely beautiful.

• 7 years ago

@Jaybar - Beautiful job! Way to really liven/brighten that area. You turned a cave into a kitchen anyone would love.

• 7 years ago

Obviously, this is gorgeous.

Can I ask if you like your frig? Do you have another frig or freezer elsewhere? That's the frig I like. We are a heavy fresh food-veg family. But my 3 kids want to make sure we have enough ice cream storage.

Thanks! Jennifer

• 7 years ago

Your kitchen is beautiful! I like the blue knobs on your range, nice touch!

• 7 years ago

gorgeous! Nice job!

• 7 years ago

You rocked it. Great choices - I am jealous of your paneled fridge, cool pantry, mixer lift and lighting selections. Plus I am a sucker for a good cookbook shelf :) What is the little pull out to the left of your dishwasher? And how high are your uppers and crown?

• 7 years ago

It's beautiful ...right down to the book shelf! And a great layout.

• 7 years ago

Great transformation--it's amazing how much lighter and brighter the kitchen is. Great features, especially the mudroom--I love the window and door.

• 7 years ago

So much lighter! Great job -- it looks beautiful!

• 7 years ago

I love the entire kitchen but that dining light is amazing!

• 7 years ago

Beautiful! Enjoy!

• PRO
    7 years ago

Wow! What a transformation from a dark, crowded kitchen to a light functional one. Great job! You must be thrilled.

• 7 years ago

Looks great!

• 7 years ago

Wonderful! The white Macaubus is so elegant. And I think I'm in love with the refrigerator. I use a manual-defrost freezer in another room, so I only need enough space for a ziplok bag of chicken broth cubes, Dove bars, meatballs, and shrimp. Your subzero looks just right.

• 7 years ago

Beautiful. Love the island and look at all that light coming in through the sink window - lucky you. I would love to work in this space.

• 7 years ago

Wonderful job, that is a really lovely space. I think I have the identical counters, although I knew it as Luce di Luna or Quartzite Bianca. They certainly look very similar.

• 7 years ago

Beautiful kitchen. Your window reminds me of my daughters kitchen window. Your fridge looks really nice. Do tell us how you like it. Is it quiet? Looks very roomy.

Such a pretty counter top. What a great layout too.

• 7 years ago

Gorgeous! You must be so pleased with the changes!

• 7 years ago

Wow! Your kitchen will be my inspiration if I ever do this again! Love everything, but a special shout out to your paneled fridge, hardware handles, blue knobs, and pendent lights. Bravo!

One question, what is to the left of the appliance lift in the island?

• 7 years ago

Gorgeous!!! My white mac is being installed Monday and overtime I see a pic I swoon! Yours is no different! Well done!

• 7 years ago

Gorgeous!!!!

• 7 years ago

Thank you everyone, we are thrilled and very happy with the outcome, appliances, and design. The kitchen is very functional. And its amazing how it transformed our kitchen into usable space. Losing the load bearing wall was key and also adding the dining and mudroom. Everything flows so much better.

We had a designer work with us. I'll answer some of your questions.

We have another fridge in the garage. I am glad we spent a bit extra and got the Subzero. We were able to get floor model with a full 10 year warranty. We never have to worry about room and we like how it is counter depth. The doors are very heavy especially with the wooden panels so that's one consideration.

Noise- the subzero is very quiet and food does last longer.

to the left of the appliance lift are three shelves, one for silverware, dishes with peg board and another deep drawer below.

For those of you interested in windows/ doors, they are all Anderson 400 series and the door is a Thermatru pre finished at a local distributor. We purchased Emtek hardware for the doors.

I will have to get you measurements of upper. Little shelf to the left of dishwasher is a rev a shelf tray divider.

• 7 years ago

Wow - beautiful kitchen. I love the island color - stunning with the quartzite. The Chevron backsplash feature behind the range, very pretty. What is the gray paint color? Big congratulations to you & your family!

• 7 years ago

Thank you romy. The paint is BM Stonington Gray.

• 7 years ago

Gorgeous!

• 4 years ago

I know it’s three years later but how has your kitchen faucet held up? Still happy with it? We are looking at buying this model and have seen mixed reviews.

• 4 years ago

Hi no worries. Kitchen faucet no complaints. Superior quality and haven’t had one issue. Strange that there are negative reviews. Only very very minor issue is when pull head out need to make sure it sits or can spray outside sink.

• 9 months ago

Jaybar enjoyed the pictures! I’m getting the same quartzite (I think) , except it is a cross cut of the Macabus and is called Calacatta quartzite. It looks very similar to yours, except it’s not linear. I’m wondering how it’s held up? Some people have no problems at all and others say it’s porous etc.

• 9 months ago

Hi, We actually moved out of the house. I used to treat the stone several times a year. But I can't speak of how it has held up since we only enjoyed it for 4 years. I do know that water stains would show but disappear. But we never had any issues similar to marble. Quartzite is a very hard stone, harder than granite. I think you go for it because you can't get anything close to the beauty and patterns in engineered stone. However, it was not cheap, I think we spent about $8k for the countertops (cabinets and island).

• 9 months ago

Jaybar thanks for your reply! I’ve heard that some quartzites can be thirsty