Software
Houzz Logo Print
loretta_seeker

drawer pulls/handles

9 years ago

This week I'm having handles placed on my newly refaced cabinets. I went from all lower cabinets with doors, to now having more drawers than doors and have to decide on handle placement. In looking at pictures on Houzz, I don't see them using two handles on the wider drawers very often, but rather one handle centered on the drawer. Is the two-handle look more of an outdated look? I know in the end it's what I like best, but I'm just wondering how the trend is going since I might be selling my house this summer.

Comments (14)

  • 9 years ago

    I really like the look on two pulls on a wide drawer. And I love your butcher block counter top - I've always wanted one.

  • 9 years ago

    My widest drawers are 32.5" and 35.5". Is a single 5-3/8" handle ok for a drawer that wide?


  • 9 years ago

    I don't think it's outdated at all — I considered it for my large drawers (not as large as Loretta's) but opted instead for one larger one. My only reasoning is that I wouldn't use two hands to open the drawer, so it just felt more "natural" to have one, centered large handle.

  • 9 years ago

    I don't think it's a kind of thing that is really fashionable or NOT fashionable. I put a single knob in my wide drawers because I installed them myself and got caught up in my measuring and made a hole in the middle. Oops. Works fine, might have looked better with two but I accidentally saved myself a bunch of money. :)

    Loretta Seeker thanked Fori
  • 9 years ago

    I have a set of 36 inch drawers with 2 smaller 18 in drawers above the 36 inch drawers. The 36 inch drawers have two handles and the pulls on the 36 inch drawers line up with the handles on the 18 inch drawers. I like the look and they work fine. My daughter is doing the same in her kitchen.


    Loretta Seeker thanked Karenseb
  • 9 years ago

    The drawers with two pulls are 32" wide. I used 2 pulls on the lowers since there are two drawers at the top.

    Loretta Seeker thanked AnnKH
  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    I am remodeling and for my wide drawers (36") I'm going w two 6" pulls. I think it looks way better this way and puts less stress on the cabinet when opened.

  • 9 years ago

    As you are finding out, there are as many different opinions as there are posters, so the right answer is likely that there is no right answer! Go with what you like the look of, and as far as resale, cabinet pulls are such a minor part of your house that I really doubt they will make or break a sale. In fact, I doubt that most people will even notice.

  • 9 years ago

    I decided to go with all pulls and I love them.

  • 9 years ago

    Love it :).

    Loretta Seeker thanked lwfromny
  • 9 years ago

    I like pull too as I can use my pinky to open it when both hands are full. For people who have arthritis and cannot fully close their fingers, pull is the way to go.

  • 9 years ago

    If I had wide drawers I would do 2 pulls. Here's a photo from my inspiration pics.


  • 9 years ago

    I used a single pull on my 36" and 39" drawers. Mine was more a practical choice than aesthetic. Why not just use one hand, and if I'm only using one hand, why have double the # of pulls I need?

    36" drawer:

    39" drawer: