Software
Houzz Logo Print
asilvas1

Need help to modernize my apt living room!

13 years ago
I have lived at my apt for over a year now. I have always loved the modern look, however I feel I need a "pop" to my living room. I am renting my apt, so I cannot change carpet, lighting or paint. I am open to any suggestions :)

Comments (7)

  • 13 years ago
    More pics
  • 13 years ago
    Easiest change is an area rug, pillows and matching curtains at both windows to add the pop you want. Bring the little round table into the conversation grouping by using it between the two chairs which should angle together at the bar end of your space. It looks like the bar stools are not used, so I'd store them away to allow space. Move the coffee table to be 18" from the sofa. If you leave the mirrors there, lower them to 5" above the sofa back. The low piece in front of the verticals needs to go. I realize the other one is for TV gear, but I'd get something lower, put it in front of the curtain and purchase paintable cord chases to cover all the cords.
  • 13 years ago
    Thank y'all for your comments! What color rug would do the "pop"?
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    We can help, we have custom rugs as well!
  • 13 years ago
    Any color you want! What's your favorite color? It could be orange, red, purple, green etc. Do you like the color purple? A nice bright purple rug would look great. Red goes well with purple so you could probably keep your red pillows. It can even be a combination of colors that you can then use to find some art and new pillows to go with. It's up to you! :)
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I see this is two weeks old... Have you changed anything? If not these would be my suggestions:

    1. Let's move furniture. Move the big sofa in from to fireplace and turn the coffee table as well. Move both chairs to be opposite of one another. (Facing the fireplace or the sofa). then move the bookcase to another area. The mirror is nice put a nice skinny table underneath it (or moves the bookcase there and add more). Make sure you have enough space to get behind our sofa to your eating area.

    2. COLOR- If you can't get rid of the Vertical Blinds and replace them with matching window treatment for both sides. I would get a curtain the is mostly white to balance the blinds and make them hang on the same height. Then I would get a nice centerpiece that is your taste (options are flowers-they see nice artificial ones in Home Goods, or a bowl with knick knacks- Look at my photos). Once you have selected you favorite color I will spread it around the room evenly. For example if the color is turquoise I would get a curtain that is mostly white with turquoise accents (Pier 1, Home Goods, Target, Pottery Barn- More affordable places) and need pick pillows to go with curtains 1 or 2 solid color and then patterned one. I will then bring this color into the eating area to make it flow- the opposite of what you do on your coffee table. Whatever you decide to do with the space under your mirror I will also but picture frames or something in the same turquoise color. This way it's throughout the room but not overbearing. If you decide on only one color use variation of the color not the same one.

    3. I would love this place.

    Let me know what you think.