Software
Houzz Logo Print
chrislm

Better photos of my "too much oak" kitchen....

13 years ago
I'm afraid I left a few photos out in my original post. I shall try again. Sorry.

Comments (7)

  • PRO
    13 years ago
    For now, I would concentrate on space inbetween cabinets....cool tile?? Maybe eventually change the white appliances to a different color/finish. Then the island with the sink in it, try taking the corbels off and putting a new facade on....blue/green tongue and groove wood?? Something different to break up the brown...
  • 13 years ago
    Thank you. Introducing another color to the island is an interesting idea. We do plan to swap out the appliances and replace with the required stainless. My latest concern is that the tile would possibly conflict with the granite which I'm concerned might conflict with the pronounced graining of the wood.
  • 13 years ago
    I have a similar kitchen...lots of cabinets in honey colored oak, we are very restricted in choosing colors for counters, floors & walls. I am thinking of painting them white, I can keep my white appliances and choosing colors won't be a problem then.
  • 13 years ago
    chris, it would really help a lot if you consolidated your photos under one post. The explanation under your other post doesn't appear here so you may be getting suggestions that don't really apply to the same situation.
  • 13 years ago
    I do apologize for having two separate postings with photos. This was my first time ever doing this, and I ended up duplicating a few and omitting a few. I tried to rectify, but alas, panic-city. Anyway, I have gone back to the original post and added these two. I do receive suggestions on the other post, so I'm appreciating and considering everything offered to help me. I wish decorating and decision-making was an easier process for me, but in this instance, it's not just swapping out drapes or painting a wall. This is real money we're talking about in our attempt to at least get people in the door to see our home. We haven't been too successful with that and debated if it was the dated kitchen, the abundance of the dreaded oak, which I wonder if is truly disliked, or just disliked because people have said it should be disliked. Again, thank you for your suggestions. I'm accumulating them and shall have serious chats...again....with my husband as we try to pick the right avenue to go forward.
  • 13 years ago
    No worries chris! I've just noticed that responses tend to be more cohesive when everyone meets in the same place and is looking at the same pics ;-)

    I will say while I'm here though that I do love the layout of your kitchen!
  • 13 years ago
    Ah, thanks,onthefence. My kitchen has been a dream for a large family. The cooking/prep area is large enough for many cooks to have their own space. The other side of the long island is set up as a bar and snack bar when we have holidays or entertain, and the people cluster on that side of the island. We all visit and talk smart as we prep food or even clean up. When not serving that purpose, hubby can sit at the desk and do paperwork, while I continue to slave in the kitchen and throw comments his way. Ah, life is good. Thank you again.