Software
Houzz Logo Print
potap

Need help with kitchen layout plan

9 years ago

My family and I are going to move into a brand new house this summer.

We chose a specific plan from my contractor's creations and it is almost perfect except for the kitchen. I don't know why but it just don't feel right.

It is an open space kitchen so we can change the layout before the final plans without too much hassle. The only constraints are :

- Everything, except the island, has to go on the 2 walls

-The wall dimension

Me and my girlfriend tried to figure it out by ourselves but we are just not good at this. We've searched houzz a lot and we found a lot of beautiful stuff. We also learned about the kitchen work zone which helped us understand what goes together. In the end, we still aren't able to design it :(

Also, to save some money, we might go with Ikea cabinets so we have to use their standard size.

I believe I cannot show you the original layout as it is not my creation and I did not pay anything for my copy.

Can you please help us with some good advice? Thanks!!!

Here is a blank layout of the kitchen with what we are looking for :