Software
Houzz Logo Print
onesharon

Calling paint color experts! Need advice for hall and three bedrooms

9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

Hello all. We are planning to sell our house, probably within the next two years. We have recently removed our hall carpet and are repainting our hallway (and the stair kicks, etc.) which stretches from upstairs to downstairs. I'm generally happy with the color and will probably do something similar - it's some sort of cream/beige color.

My dilemma is the bedrooms. Please see photos. My daughter would like to keep her pink room, but my son is grown and I would like to paint the blue room a color that is a little less intense and might appeal to a home buyer someday. The bedspread and shades are navy, so I originally thought a grey would be nice, but I'm afraid it would clash terribly with the cream hallway. Can anyone suggest an appropriate color for the "blue room?" This is my biggest dilemma.

The third bedroom is currently white but I'd like something a little more interesting - my other daughter painted the white over a lime green that used to be on the walls and just picked white because it was easy - but I've captured a small shot of her bedding to help choose a better color - unless we should stick with white. Again, a grey would possibly work well, but with the cream hallway I'm concerned. (Also, do I want two grey bedrooms next to each other?) I've attached several pictures below - a couple of shots of the hallway, and shots of the bedrooms. The rooms are all empty because we just finished our floors, so it's a good time to do the paining if I can identify the right colors! (FYI - I can't do the hallway in a grey because it stretches to the
downstairs and there are several rooms down there that are beige and
cream and it would clash.) Thank you!!

Upstairs · More Info
Hallway stretches from downstairs to upstairs - needs some sort of cream (like it has) to remain consistent with downstairs colors.

Upstairs · More Info
View from stairs
Upstairs · More Info
Daughter wants to keep her pink - I'm okay with this or should we cut the color a bit? (Her furniture is yellow and white.)
Upstairs · More Info
The "blue room" - has a queen bed with navy bedspread and the blue shades. Shall we change this color to make it more appealing to a home buyer? Furniture in here is just wood.
Upstairs · More Info
This bedroom was repainted by daughter and is plain white, but as long as I am painting, should I change the color or keep it white? Her comforter is below and her furniture is white.
Upstairs · More Info

Comments (5)