Software
Houzz Logo Print
dvhart

Home Office Layout

9 years ago

I'm struggling with a new home office layout. The room is roughly 15' x 12'. I'm looking for a sit/stand desk, a few drawers, some closed storage, book cases and at least one quiet comfortable place to read or recline with a laptop. Two would be nice as a study/library space. I honestly need more closed storage than bookshelves. These concepts are using IKEA Galant storage systems as I'm looking for sooner rather than later, and custom is not in the budget. The large screen is mostly for display of ... well... this stuff (I
cast my SketchUp renderings to a large screen to share and discuss with friends), and the occasional video broadcast, not a home theater. The door location can shift along the wall, but the window and AC unit are fixed.

Option A: Less storage, more open, awkward corner:


Option B: More storage, tighter spaces, entry door obstructed:

I'm struggling to find seating for two. Perhaps I should consider a small sofa or corner couch. Love to hear your thoughts.

Comments (3)