Software
Houzz Logo Print
taylor_stetson

Kitchen Layout Dilemma

9 years ago

First time homeowner here trying to renovate a kitchen with an awkward layout on a budget. There is essentially not much of a kitchen there to begin with. The previous owner redid some stuff and then just threw in a stove and refrigerator. The kitchen is small and has an awkward jut out in the windows that is the hook up for the washer and dryer. I am trying to think of new possibilities for this kitchen and get a good plan so I can quickly start with the renovation. My dad drew me up a plan for the renovation which I think would make the house much nicer, however it involves completely moving the kitchen. Currently the kitchen is in the front of the house and this would involve moving it to the dining room. I think this makes more sense, however I am concerned with the costs of relocating everything. The house does have a basement with exposed plumbing, not sure if that makes anything easier/cheaper. Also would have to change out the windows because they are too low for counter tops. I am currently trying to come up with alternative options that would be cheaper. I am definitely going to open up the wall between the kitchen/dining area. Could probably relocate washer and dryer somewhere else, but still leaves the awkward jut in the wall there with the windows. If anyone has any ideas or advice I would much appreciated it!


1: View from dining room facing front of the house (want to completely open up that wall)

2.View of kitchen facing front with awkward jut in wall where the stove is

3. View of dining room facing side of house (could possibly eliminate that door)

4. Actual floor plan

5. Possible future floor plan (this includes two additions to the front that would not be happening for a long time, but the kitchen could happen now).


Comments (6)