Software
Houzz Logo Print
noushfar

Need help to find a proper storage for records

9 years ago

Dear All,

I have a very small living room and currently I am keeping my record player on a midcentury console (as shown below), however there is not enough space to keep all my records. So, I keep some on a side-table next to the console and the rest are stored in an IKEA modular storage in my bedroom. I absolutely despise the fact that I have to go back and forth to fetch the records! I was thinking about 2 solutions:

  1. replace the console with a longer one that spans from the edge of the farm table (on the right) to the kitchen entrance, only for record storage.
  2. instead of the console, find/custom order a reclaimed wood bookcase that fills the entire wall and use it to store records and the player (I would have to move the wall decor). The white ikea storage that I have does not fit at all to the midcentury/rustic vibe of my living room, so I do not like to put it on this wall.

I have no idea whether a horizontal or vertical storage would look better here!

I greatly appreciate your help.

Thank You,

Noosh


My living-room:






Comments (14)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner