Software
Houzz Logo Print
mary343487

Spacing advice for living room - fun fun fun

9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

Hi,

I just moved into a new apartment and bought a sectional, and am trying to find accent chairs that fit the space without blocking the walkway. I want to fit 2 of these blush colored chairs, however don't know if there will be enough room for them and to still have a walkway from kitchen to living room.

I attached a drawing in an attempt to help you visualize the room...

I think I have about 98 inches from where the sectional arm ends to the other wall. I feel as though the two chairs will take up too much width and block a walkway. 1 chair feels like it will be too small. Perhaps I could put a table and plant or something next to the 1 chair if only one fits? Or try to find an oversized option that would take up more space? HELP!!!

Would angling them help create more space??

Sectional arm is 37 inches from wall on the 13.5 feet wide side, with remaining 98 inches to fill space with accent chairs.

Living room: 11 feet long x 13.5 feet wide

Comments (6)