Software
Houzz Logo Print
gavin_kennedy

Floors

13 years ago
Tell me more about those nice looking floors
Urban Homestead · More Info

Comments (4)

  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Floors are reclaimed (antique) white oak, wide planks, provided by Carlisle Wood Floor. Finish is oil/wax (no VOC) Rubio Monocote, 5% white color.
  • 12 years ago
    Beautiful floors. How does the Rubio hold up to staining and wear in high traffic areas?
  • 11 years ago

    I wonder if I can get a similar look with my northern red oak floors This grain is lighter and sooooo beautiful and calm looking and that I was trying to achieve. I hope to "soften" the harsh grain look on my northern red oak floors.

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    I suggest that you consult a local wood flooring contractor. You can try samples of gray and/or white pigmented stains to see if they mute some of the contrast in the red oak.