0
ellen_barbarino

Furniture help

Ellen Barbarino
I redid my first floor. And need to get furniture for family room! We have 4 kids. So need to have lots of seating... any ideas of layouts and color ideas would be great. Needs to be durable too. The room is about 16x16. But we lose with window and custom fireplace wall where TV will be when done!!! Please I'm open and need suggestions!!! Walls are Hale Navy & white trim. Room off is my kitchen which is a transitional white & navy island. Some neutral gray!!! Thanks so much.

Gray sofa, mustard chairs, navy and white rug.

Color Zen

Wow factor room, love it! Had the same vision as Carolyn. Take a look at Joybird sofas, have had good luck w them :)

• Claire Larece
    Is that lounge chaise going in that space?
  • Ellen Barbarino
    Claire not sure yet! It use to be in the room. But takes up a lot of space. So may put downstairs.
  • Claire Larece
    Here's a layout I just did
    Joybird Furniture

@Color Zen thanks for the mention!

We'd love to be a part of your family room - let us know if you have any questions!

Betty Wasserman

Below are a few examples of layouts (images one and three), along with some art ideas (image two). You also might enjoy some of the furniture we have used in the designs below as well.

Daniels Lane · More Info

Daniels Lane · More Info

Hamptons Hideaway · More Info

Creatively Yours Custom Inc.

I will comment on furniture durability and looks with 4 kids. I like to use furniture/sofas that comes slipcovered in a variety of fabrics but my favorite is the Sunbrella fabrics available for slipcovers. It is durable enough for outdoors and so will hold up great indoors. Also, the slipcovers I use are detachable in parts which means if you have a spill on an armcover perhaps, you can remove just that part of the slipcover and wash it! Perfect for a family.

Also, consider having fabric covered stools and ottomans in the room that can be pulled up into a conversation area and also can become a coffee table with the addition of a tray on top.

Let me know if I can be of further help.

Monarch Sofas

let us know if we can help create the perfect sofa or sectional for you. they can be made any size and in any fabric. made in the USA!

PLEASE CLICK HERE TO REQUEST A QUOTE

xoxo eva @ MONARCHSOFAS.COM

***CLICK HERE TO VIEW HUNDREDS OF FINISHED CUSTOM SOFA SECTIONAL PROJECTS

MEGAN STYLE - MODERN ITALIAN LOOK - CUSTOM SECTIONAL SOFA · More Info

KENZIE STYLE - Chesterfield Custom Sectional Sofas · More Info

CASSIE STYLE - TRADITIONAL ENGLISH ROLL ARM - CUSTOM SECTIONAL SOFA · More Info

"Jessica" (as a Tightback) · More Info

CIPRIANO STYLE - CHESTERFIELD CUSTOM SOFA SECTIONALS · More Info

• Daniel Tucker

I would like to suggest why can't you have arco lamp? The Arco lamp is stunning in appearance with its simple structure of channel tubing; polish globe and eloquent marble block. The parts are of high quality, right down to the wiring. The clever design permits assembly and disassembly without much effort. Some may wonder if the hole in the block is fashion or function.

Well, it's actually both and it becomes quite obvious once you lay everything out. Both the height and reach of the globe is adjustable to suit your taste, location, and decor. However, if you have an 8-foot ceiling it will fit but just barely! In fact, I had to deviate from the assembly guide by attaching all of the extensions before attaching the support arm to the block. You will need the added weight of the combined extensions to flex the arc downward in order to obtain the razor-blade ceiling clearance. Cleaning is simple with plain clear water and a soft cloth and no chemicals should ever be used. For a little-added protection, I carefully applied a thin coat of Renaissance Wax to the entire assembly but that's just me.

I would like to suggest Barcelona Designs are providing best arco lamp replica, it is one of their best sellers. You can have a look at https://www.houzz.com/photos/90736103/Arco-Lamp-Replica-White-contemporary-floor-lamps

• Lina Ezzat
    Grey and white L shape modern sofa with 2 bug bean bags in grey and black would be great
  • Claire Larece
    Hi Ellen

How are you have you figured out a layout for your living room
  • Ellen Barbarino
    Thanks Clarice. I'm still working on it! Just got area rug, need to put it a foot under coach! Waiting on hubby to help. Waiting on coffee table! Did round one in the pic will go under the light. Now looking for a cool side table, art work, and have to do something with other wall!!! Any ideas would be great. Maybe chairs?
  • Claire Larece

Love the round table and the room it’s coming along beautifully just wanted to know is it easier to move around with the sofas laid out that way I would have the chaise caddy cornered at the side of the sliding doors with the back towards the shelves

• Ellen Barbarino
    The brown leather chaise is not staying. Wanted to maybe put another chair or piece of furniture on the bare wall. How would you put the sectional?
  • Claire Larece

Since you have a sectional and a big one I would place at the wall and have two chairs placed at the side of the sliding doors

• kjoy1

What about a pair of spindle chairs in the nook...

• Claire Larece

Tyler Roma Navy Swivel Chair

Manila Hammered Barrel Coffee Table

• Ellen Barbarino
    Clarice. I love that table. But I ordered the round one in pic from Universal Furniture. And Love Love the. Any chair. Gonna look into it. Thanks
    Barcelona Designs

Nice room! You can bring this room to life with accent chairs, lounge chairs, and a coffee table. Mid-century furniture would help with that. Our vast collection features a contemporary mix of modern, minimalist and iconic designs. Custom fabrics and colors available.

Some Recommendations

Eames Lounge Chair for more info:

Barcelona Chair for more info:

Arco Floor Lamp for more info