Software
Houzz Logo Print
crystal_brown25

Help deciding on dining chairs!!

9 years ago
I love this table, but cant decide on which chairs! Here are pictures of the table with both linen and gray options. What are your thoughts? Or, should I mix them??

Comments (17)

  • 9 years ago
    Currently it's empty. We will be painting also. I'm afraid the all gray will look to gloomy.
  • PRO
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    Don't mix. Based on the height of your ceiling, select whichever chair is shorter.

    Besides the finish on the white chair doesn't match the table finish.

  • 9 years ago
    The grey chairs are 3" shorter at 40.25". Will that make an overall difference within the 9' ceilings??
  • 9 years ago
    Honestly, the finish on the grey chairs don't match either. I'm just afraid the all grey will make the overall room look dark and gloomy. We do plan to paint, but haven't selected color. We will also be replacing the light fixture.
  • 9 years ago

    I think the pic above looks gloomy because the rug is grey, the placemats are grey, etc... The other picture Beverly posted shows it looking light and bright with cream accessories and pale taupe walls. Hard to tell with the lighting - is the carpet mauve or more a pale rust color? Is that staying?

  • 9 years ago
    I agree with mocreidhl. Colors aside, you should first decide whether you want a more formal feel or more casual feel in that room. Once your table and chairs are decided, then you can add in paint, rug, lighting, drapes, art, mirror, etc to complete the look and balance the light. A blank slate can be equal parts exciting and daunting. Good luck!
  • 9 years ago
    The carpet is a light brown. Unfortunately, it is staying for now. We plan to do wood floors within the next year.
  • 9 years ago
    Good point regarding the grey decor versus taupe decor! Those details hadn't caught my eye!

    Yes! Our whole house is a blank slate and it's driving me crazy! I'm having loads of fun, but the ideas are gonna be the death of me! Lol

    I do want a bit more of a formal feel since we also have an eat-in-kitchen area that is plenty spacious.
  • 9 years ago
    Here are a few of my inspirational pics!
  • 9 years ago

    Looking at your dream pictures, I would say definitely the linen chairs with the tufting. It's what you are drawn to. Plus I think those will blend more nicely with the brown carpet until you can get your new floors.

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Why not go with the slipcovered dining chairs in your inspirational pic? They are at least shorter than those from Ashley.

  • 9 years ago
    What height would you recommend for 9' ceilings? I'm not set on the two shown. I'm most certainly open to ideas and suggestions. Those just happen to be chairs I saw pictured with the table. Slip covers aren't my favorite, but are still an option. If I went with the grey chairs, what about a lighter chair for the head chairs that perhaps had a pattern that incorporated the grey?
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    We wanted to share a few of our dining room designs. Right now due to your brown carpet we recommend doing the white. You don't need to incorporate different chairs. Notice how in all of your inspiration photos, all of them have the same chairs at each dining table?

    Kingstation Elegant Home · More Info

    Kitchen Renovation · More Info

    Royal York Renovation and Decoration · More Info

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    I would stick with the linen chairs, in the future should you decide to change paint color etc...linen will go with more colors.

  • 9 years ago
    This room, unfortunately, is still a thorn in my side. I've yet to find the perfect table. The carpet will definitely be removed and the walls painted. The carpet will be later since I'd hate to get wood floors in their and not be able to match up the rest of the floors later.
  • 9 years ago
    Crystal... I too am in the hunt for the perfect table and chairs. We seems to be drawn to the same style. I like the cream with the tuffed fabric. Wayfair has a good selection. It's the darn table..... I can't find one that I like. I'm looking for a little rustic and a little glam.

    Good luck!