Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jamie_norton82

Anyone use Adura Max Aspen in Alpine?

Jamie Norton
6 years ago

Looking in to LVP for our new construction and my favorite that I've found is the Mannington Adura Max Aspen in Alpine. Anyone have this EXACT flooring that could share photos? The stock photo looks fantastic. My main concern that I've seen with some designs is that the repeating pattern makes it really obvious that it's not hardwood. This one didn't seem to have that problem but I'd love to see a real life example.

Comments (40)

• rach3975
    6 years ago

I'd love to see, too! I've been scouring the Internet for "real" photos of the Adura Max floors. Our first choice was the Napa Dry Cork, but it looks very different in the few photos I've seen posted than it does on the Mannington site. Now we're considering Aspen Lodge, but I'm hesitant to go for it without seeing real photos. I don't want to order based off small samples and stock photos then be disappointed.

• PRO
    Mannington
    6 years ago

Aspen has more of a random variation in the pattern, so you should not see an obvious 'repeat' to it.

• ckdunk
    6 years ago
    I just bought 1100 sq ft of it. It goes down in 3 weeks. So nervous about it. Colors keep changing so much with lighting.
  • Kim L
    6 years ago

any pics of this floor (alpine color) installed?? Thanks

• ckdunk
    6 years ago

• Kim L
    6 years ago

Very lovely, seeing the color in a large area, I'm happy with my choice to go a little darker. Dockside Driftwood going in next week. Will post pics.

• Kim L
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Night time and day time pics of the Aduramax Dockside Driftwood. I love the color and so happy I went with this floor! It looks perfect with Mindful Gray ( Sherwin Williams) on the walls.

• Jamie Norton
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thank you for sharing! Both of those look great!

• M W
    6 years ago

ckdunk, I'm not sure if you're still checking this thread...but how do you like your aspen alpine a few months in? Any scratches? Does dirt show up easily, or blend in? We have a dog and am concerned with scratches. And I've heard the lighter colors will hide things like dog hair and dirt a little. I'm looking at this color throughout my entire house, except bathrooms. Your floors look really pretty!

• Missi (4b IA)
    6 years ago

Love seeing real-life pictures of the Adura Max floors-that's what we're planning, or the Adura Max Prime. We brought home some sample boards. My husband likes the Napa Dry Cork best. I did not, tho I can't put my finger on exactly why. It looked odd to me I guess. I liked the Dockside Boardwalk, Sand and Driftwood. I wish there were more pictures floating around of how they look installed!

• Jill
    6 years ago
    Ckdunk we are also looking at installing this brand in our basement. How has it held up for you? Did you glue down or do the click option? Thanks!
  • ckdunk
    6 years ago
    Jrose- we still love the flooring . It’s only been down about 4 months. So far no problems. We used the click kind. We have a very hyper miniature dachshund and so far no scratches. Also no separation of planks. But it is still relatively new.
  • tracyfloren
    6 years ago

Cdunk what color did you end up going with in your pictures you posted above? We are considering Aspen Lodge. Thank you!

• drhhoward
    5 years ago

We installed Adura Max Dockside Driftwood (floating floors) in our rental unit over the holidays (photos above). Everyone thinks they look great.

I think they look good, but they are somewhat flat, and I wish there were more variation in colors (the sample appeared to have more color hue variations) rather than just variation in shading. I had been looking for something with a bit of red in it for a touch of warmth (e.g. Dockside Pier or Lakeview treeline), but I either couldn't find the samples to test in time for my project, or they didn't look the same as the photos. The CoreTec options had almost too much pattern and color variation, and I was afraid they would be distracting.

The pattern repeated often, so I spent a great deal of time laying it out so that it wouldn't be obvious. As a result, you really don't notice the repeat unless you are looking for it.

My biggest complaint is that I didn't realize the temperature isn't meant to go below 55 degrees... until the packages arrived. We can maintain that temperature, but it would have been nice to know that before I placed the order. When I do the floor in the front unit, I will comb through every CoreTax sample until I find one that I like, due to the expanded temperature range and quality of the printing, and I will do the bathrooms a lighter color luxury vinyl tile, since I feel the wood look in the bathroom darkened the room too much.

• Tracy
    5 years ago

Looks great! Can I ask what you paid for materials per square foot and installation? We want to install the Aduramax Aspen in color Alpine in our basement.

• M W
    5 years ago
    Drhoward- if you haven’t already read the thread below you should. They talk a lot about products you can use in more extreme temperatures. You might want to look at an SPC product such as SuperCore instead of a WPC product since their temperature ranges are much wider.

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/adura-max-vs-coretec-dsvw-vd~4249579
  • Erin D
    5 years ago

Did anyone end up putting in the AduraMax ASPEN LODGE? That's been my fav for months, but am keeping my options open. The Aspen Lodge has a nice combination of warm gray/beige, I've been wanting to go towards gray, but afraid my room is going to look to cold... so this is a nice inbetween. I also like that it's not too dark since we have a smaller living space. So would love to see it in pics if anyone has put it in. Kim and drhhoward, your Dockside Driftwood flooring looks amazing!!! Now I'm tempted to check that one out too. TY.

• Erin D
    5 years ago

Question about the AduraMax for those that have installed, does it bother anyone that the surface is so matte? Our current pergo is so shiny and the AduraMax is very matte your socks almost seem to stick if you try to slide across the floor. Not that I slide across the floor every day. I wish the finish was somewhere inbetween, like a smooth satin. Thoughts on this? Maybe I'm over thinking it. Will probably be better, less slippery for the dog and also for us as we age. :)

• Erin D
    5 years ago

Did anyone end up putting in the AduraMax Apex NAPA BARREL? I got votes from family and it was 6-0 Apex Napa Barrel over AduraMax Aspen Lodge.

• Toya Ralston
    5 years ago

Im looking for reviews on Adura Max Napa Barrel as well! I initially had Coretec (Dakota Walnut) and it was TERRIBLE!

• Kori Savage
    5 years ago

@Erin D - Did you install your flooring? We are considering Napa Barrel and Aspen Lodge and would love to see pictures. Thanks!

• Erin D
    5 years ago

@Kori Savage Unfortunately, haven't gotten our Napa Barrel installed yet. Waiting for the temps to warm up and some of this snow to melt so my installer can use the outdoors, so sawdust doesn't get bad inside. It's going to be late March/early April now before install. Can't wait!!!

• HU-702320213
    5 years ago

I am looking at Adura Max Dry Cork or Aspen Lodge . I am leaning more toward Aspen lodge because a little darker and like the grays and beige color .I was wondering if anybody had gotten Aspen Lodge put down and had pictures of it.

• Chris Clarke
    4 years ago

I'm also looking for photos of Aspen Lodge. I also would like to see Aspen Timber, Sausalito Waterfront and Sundance Smoke.

• Katie Costin
    4 years ago

Decided on Aspen Lodge after a long indecisive road. I am super happy with it. It is the perfect balance of grey and brown. I was going for rustic glam and Aspen Lodge brought the rustic feel I was looking for.

• Chris Clarke
    4 years ago

Katie - thanks for sharing the picture - it looks great!

• Katie Costin
    4 years ago

Thank you! I was hoping to find photos of real homes before I made a decision and found it difficult to find. I hope this helps people who may be undecided.

• Tracy
    4 years ago

We had a contractor install AduraMax Dockside Driftwood and absolutely love it!!

• Erin D
    4 years ago

After a very long and indecisive road, we FINALLY installed AduraMax Apex NAPA BARREL. Everyone that comes in our house comments on how much they love our floor! It's great! The only con is it did darken our space a bit from what I was used to... I like bright and happy... I do wish I would've considered Dockside Driftwood a bit more, as I've seen everyone's pics and love them. I feel we will need to keep our walls light, in order to keep it light and airy in our rambler. I do really like our Napa Barrel and will post pics soon. We don't have our baseboards on quite yet.

• Chris Clarke
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

^oh, man.... don't give me ANOTHER choice :). I have it down to Aspen Timber and Napa Dry Cork. Aspen Timber has always been my favorite, and I only looked at Dry Cork after reading about it here. And now, all I see is too much red in Lodge and too much yellow in Dry Cork. GRR.

I think I'm just going to eeny meeny miny mo, at this point. :)

• Amy
    4 years ago

Tracy, we have similar taste!! We are going with Dockside Driftwood as well, my cabinets are similar color.... can you tell me what you have for countertops? Off topic but everything flows in your room very well!

• Tracy
    4 years ago

Hi Amy! My countertops are granite, "Andino White". Good luck with your project!!!

• Jamie Hempel
    4 years ago

I’m very late to this thread, but I’ve had AduraMax Aspen Alpine throughout most of the house for over 2 1/2 years. We’ve had a number of dogs in the house, from small and hyper to a large lab. I haven’t noticed any damage from the dogs at all - no scratches, no stains. It cleans up well after an accident.
    I do agree that the floor has a fleet matte finish, and is not slippery. It’s certainly a safe floor for everyone.
    I still prefer the look of real wood, but this material is so much more durable an comfortable under foot. There is a little bit of give with the soft backing, and I have really noticed the difference anytime I’m using the kitchen song for a few minutes at a neighbor’s house with a wood floor. The AduraMax is more comfortable under foot.

• Sapphire0905
    4 years ago

Jamie, will you please post pictures?

• Jamie Hempel
    4 years ago

Here is one. I will look for more. This picture is at 7:30 AM on a cloudy morning. 3000k recesses lights are turned on. (These are not the blue looking daylight bulbs. Just a bit whiter than soft white). It looks a bit more brown under 2700k soft white lights.

• Crystal
    3 years ago

I realize this is so old, but hoping someone will see this. We are looking at dockside driftwood. The sample definitely seems like it has gray hues in the brown, but not sure I can see that in the pics here. Does it in real life?

• Jamie Hempel
    3 years ago

Hi Crystal. This doesn’t answer your question, but I have a second example of this flooring, this time in Seaside Sandpiper. It’s lighter than Aspen Alpine.

• Kelly Raechel
    3 years ago

Jamie Hempel - I am really struggling with deciding between Aspen Alpine and Aspen Lodge. Your picture above makes me want to go with Aspen Alpine as I think it looks amazing but it looks nothing like the sample piece I have here. The sample looks much darker and a lot more grey. Do you have any more photos of that flooring you could share maybe in another light? Also, can anyone else share any pictures of Aspen Lodge as that is our other choice? Thanks so much for any help you can give. This is such a difficult decision since it’s for our entire first floor... Thanks again!!

• Bailey
    last year

Here are photos with Mannington Adura Max Aspen Alpine, installed in early 2019.