Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kelly021480

Wall color for my living room

Kellytn80
10 years ago
Hello! I am having a dilemma on what color to paint my living room walls. I recently purchased a new living room set that is a blue/grey color. I plan to put brightly painted (think pink, orange, turquoise) frames and pictures on my walls (copying the colors in the rug). I originally thought the sofa was more light grey in color and planned to paint my walls dark grey so the frames would pop, but the sofa has alot more blue to it. Help please?

Comments (13)

• brachaf
    10 years ago
    What color are the curtains??
  • brachaf
    10 years ago
    And anyways you can still paint the walls a cool grey....I think that would blend the nicest espcly if you plan on puttin a lot of color on the wall....
  • brachaf
    10 years ago
    I'll also say one more thing I don't really think your coffe table and end table go with the look and the lamp now that you've got new couches maybe you can replace this for a sleeker darker wood....
  • elcieg
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    The color of your coffee table, with a different lamp and pillows.
    Butterfly Pillow Cover 12x18 inch White Purple · More Info
  • printesa
    10 years ago
    You can paint them gray. I have my office wall in a blue-gray and then side chairs, which have a similar color as your sofa. It looks really nice. You can't go wrong, especially if you are planning to use colorful frames.
  • Kellytn80
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I am still in the redecorating process so the end tables, coffee table, lamps and pillows are not what I will have long term. Those are from my last living room set. I plan to change the lamps to some with drum shades, paint the coffee table (not sure on a color yet) and switch the end tables out to something a bit smaller. The pillows will still be bright colors, but in fun prints. I really love the eclectic feel and want it to be fun and bright :)
  • Kellytn80
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    My current curtains are eggplant purple, which is in the rug. However, I'm not 100% set on keeping them. They are from the last couch set that I had, so I am open to suggestions there as well.
  • Kellytn80
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    This is the "look" I was leaning towards.
  • printesa
    10 years ago
    I like your inspiration photo. You can do just that.
  • Pool Habit
    10 years ago
    I think the dark gray will still work, just choose carefully to get one that goes with the exact blue you have. you don't want a gray that is going off in some other direction.
  • Nancy Walton
    10 years ago
    If you go with such a dark grey for the walls, a nice, light, airy drapery wouldn't make it feel like it was a cave. Unless, of course, that's the look you're going for.
  • Kellytn80
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I was hopeful that the darker grey would still work, but wasn't sure since the furniture is more blue than I anticipated. Thankfully I have a very large window that lets in a lot of light during the day, so it won't darken up the room too much. I considered changing the drapes to a lighter color, like yellow, since the window is such a focal point in the room. Maybe add some shades in a fun color as well.
  • lin15
    10 years ago
    I think a glass coffee table would make you room look bigger and your colorful rug would pop through .. You also have quite a bit of furniture what appears to be a small space. Perhaps using a see through roller shade instead of drapery? My thought on the paint ...check out the grey so it carries blue or taupe undertones.