Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christyallendesigns

Furniture layout?

Christy Allen
6 years ago
Help! This is such an open floor plan with an unusual layout. What would you put next to the tv? An ottoman? Plants? Should I add an accent chair around the coffee table or pouf?

Comments (11)

• tedbixby
    6 years ago

Would removing that corner cabinet be a consideration? If so, then put a media console that is almost as wide as the wall with the TV on top of it. That corner cabinet really isn't getting style points with the rest of your furniture.

• Christy Allen
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    This is unfortunately a rental and the Tv and cabinet is a pretty permanent fixture. Needing ideas on how to make it work ....
  • User
    6 years ago

I'm thinking the corner stack with the plant in the corner might look good on the wall near the fireplace. I know you have hung the round items there, but could you adjust them?

• decoenthusiaste
    6 years ago

I'd try a tall plant left of the front door. Do you have plans for that large foyer?

• jbtanyderi
    6 years ago
    Have the back of the loveseat (with or without a narrow table behind it) face the foyer. Put the TV where the étagère is. Get a larger rug to pull everything together.
  • Christy Allen
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    I can't move the TV. It is where it is. How to make it all work with the TV very firmly in that corner. I don't own the house. Just renting so needing ideas on how to make it even a little more appealing to the eye.
  • Angel 18432
    6 years ago

I wonder if taking the white cupboard doors off would help darken that corner under the tv?

• decoenthusiaste
    6 years ago

I had thought about painting it black until it became a rental property. I would add a pair of short upholstered benches under the two big windows in the foyer. That would put some color/pattern there and they could be brought into the LR for extra seating. The corner in the foyer looks bare compared to the TV corner. That's why I suggested a tall plant there. Then a bushy fern might look nice left of the TV cabinet. I'm not crazy about the three basket/trays. If you keep them, rearrange so the small one is on top. Presently the eye sees two "heavy/big" items above a "light/small" one which tends to make for an ill-at-ease feeling.

• PRO
    Shelley Sass Designs
    6 years ago

Looks lovely all you need is 2 small poufs/ottomans opposite the sofa in an off white color. A shaggy one like you have in the image would be great or any textured fabric would work and bring in some interest. Good luck!

• Lila
    6 years ago

I think it all looks great However I would lower the round items and adjust the spacing so that the bottom one is closer to the floor. That way you wouldn't need to put anything under them. A pouf would look good.