Software
Houzz Logo Print
skudo85

Electrical Solution

9 years ago
Hello Houzzers,
This question is part design-related, part code-related. I am remodeling my kitchen. Currently there is a breakfast bar with an electrical outlet down below. I am cutting down the breakfast bar and adding cabinets in front of where the outlet is, effectively turning it into one big island. My original thought was to move the outlet into the toe kick below the cabinets so it would be accessible, but I was informed this is not up to Chicago code (must be 12" from the floor).

Should I remove the outlet?
Should I build it into the inside of the cabinet?
Should I re-reroute it into the countertop as a pop-up outlet?

Photos attached of space before and space in progress.

Any thoughts are appreciated. Thank you!
Justin

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County