lois_huneycutt

Other trends you don't like?

Lois Huneycutt

I'm enjoying the discussion on quartz countertops. I wonder if there are other decorating trends that are in style/all the rage right now that individuals here can't stand?

Here are mine. 1) Gray is my least favorite color in the entire spectrum. Everywhere I shop the choices are light gray, medium gray or dark gray. I can not wait for the gray thing to be over. 2). Ottomans for coffee tables. I kind of like the look of some of these, but the real reason we have coffee tables is that I need a place to put my coffee in the morning, stack books and paperwork throughout the day, and have a glass of wine or snacks when friends come by. I know that there are trays and stuff to make it possible, but that just seems like an extra layer of complexity for me. Just give me a hard, solid surface. Please. 3) Benches in the dining room. Again, I kind of like the clean look, but for a formal meal, sitting at a bench seems awkward. I pity the person stuck in the middle not wanting to make anyone get up so they could excuse themselves to pee or whatever. I'm more tolerant of them at eat in kitchens, because the meals are less formal and it does make it easier to clean underneath the table and stuff. 4). High top/counter height tables to eat at, usually in the kitchen. I am short and climbing up and down to eat, then get something I forgot, etc, just annoys me.

How about you?