Software
Houzz Logo Print
bgrigg12

Need help choosing paint

9 years ago
I am moving into this house in a few days and need help choosing paint. The curtains will come down and we want to get rid is the red walls. Any ideas? I am leaning towards grays and griege. Nothing too dark.

Comments (39)

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    BM Revere Pewter walls and BM Swiss coffee trim

    SW Worldly Gray walls and SW Shoji White trim

    The SW combination Worldly gray and Shoji White is throughout my entire home...
    Saddlebrook · More Info

  • 9 years ago

    I would paint the ceiling a really light colour. Almost white. Because the trim is now white and your ceiling is darker than the trim, it is bringing the ceiling down. On the walls I would go with a neutral light grey .

  • 9 years ago
    I like all your ideas! I was thinking of SW Repose for the walls and Swiss coffee for the trim and ceiling. Or at least something similar. We are having a painter do it as well. I want to have the mantle and entertainment center painted as well to match the trim. Do you think that's a good idea?
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Repose is quite blue so give it a test first. Mantle & entertainment painted white- yes! :)

  • 9 years ago
    This is my living room now. Will my couch and other furniture go with SW Worldly? Of course down the road we change and update furniture.
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Here's a greige to look at: SW 7661 Reflection. If you choose to do a color, look at SW 6729 Lacewing and SW 6659 Captivating Cream.

  • 9 years ago
    I would Choose Neutral colour such as SW 6070 (Heron Plume).
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    SW Wordly is soft and neutral you will love it..my home is filled with many neutrals..whites..gray's and black..it works perfectly with it all.

  • 9 years ago
    Yes, I definitely want to keep it neutral with either a light gray or griege
  • 9 years ago
    Do you think eggshell for the kitchen, living room and hallways?
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Yes one up from flat..SW would be satin...BM would be eggshell

  • 9 years ago
    Do you like any of these?
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    All seem to blue...and maybe a tad to dark..upper right seems dark and has a pink undertone??:( what are these colors I have the paint fans of both SW and BM...

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Gray is a very hard color to choose..they most of the time have to much blue cast..you need to look in almost a brown green undertone to knock out that blue...

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    These are the colors suggested....

    I am sorry but had to comment.....these are horrible colors:( and the Reflection is a silver gray that will give off a blue cast..it is not a Greige color at all???

    This one is lime green!!


    This is a horrible peach/gold!!!



  • PRO
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    Look at SW Colonnade Gray I think it might just be perfect for your space.

  • 9 years ago
    Colonnade is pretty
  • 9 years ago

    Bobbi, What brand/model couch is that?

  • 9 years ago
    My couch a Brentwood sectional made by Rowe. Best couch I've ever owned!
  • 9 years ago
    Decided to go with SW Repose and I love it!
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Looks nice! Hope it is what you wanted....as you can see is has a strong light blue cast..but works well...

  • 9 years ago
    You were right! It does have a light blue hue to it. I love it though!
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    I would replace your upholstered matching ottoman with a small round table with the big sectional..you need to break up all that fabric...

  • 9 years ago
    I totally agree!
  • 9 years ago
    What changes would you make to this space?
  • 9 years ago
    I am trying to decide on what color barstools and also trying to incorporate navy but not sure if I should keep the orange and other tealish blue colored stuff. I trying to get away from all the brown stuff.
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Solid Navy is to dark with your dark brown sofa...add neutral pillows with texture and maybe some with neutral background and navy blue print.....move the entire sectional to the left..when looking from fireplace..... so it is not so close to large chair....turn chair a bit more into the room....put floor lamp to the other side of chair and small accent table to the outside of chair....remove upholstered ottoman and replace with metal round coffee table....

  • 9 years ago
    I don't think moving the couch that way will work because it will probably block the TV.
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    ? No...don't think you understand what I mean....just pull entire sectional over so that the smaller sections back is pulled all the way to edge of carpet on the right looking at TV....it will open up the area a bit more for chair and chaise so they are not so close together. Nothing will block tv?

  • 9 years ago
    Oh okay. I see what you mean. I will try it and see if it works! Thanks
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Any luck with moving the sectional...or any feedback on suggestions for your room?

  • PRO
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    Love the red walls in the kitchen. Don’t like the window treatment. So, for now at least, I would leave the red; paint the mantel and media unit white (as trim) and the walls B.M Gray Cashmere.

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Judy G..you need to read the threads before posting...she already painted everything SW Repose Gray.

  • PRO
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    Shame on me.

  • 9 years ago
    Home Interiors with Ease, I tried moving the couch like you said but it didn’t work. I think I have to keep it as is for now. I am trying to find a coffee table to replace the brown ottoman. I want something preferably less than $300. The measurement of the space of the couch is 65 inches. My current ottoman is 44 inches. I would say that it can’t be more than 44 inches wide.
  • 8 years ago
    Should I add an outdoor rug to this space? Are they a lot of upkeep?
  • PRO
    8 years ago

    It would look great..easy care..but you need to vacuum them time to time...

    Saddlebrook · More Info

  • 8 years ago
    Okay. Thanks!