tneale2

Super white quartzite issue! Help.

tneale2
3 years ago
We had a beautiful slab of super white quartzite installed on our perimeter and island. The fabricator measured wrong and cut our island too small! Since I knew my island was being replaced I did some testing. I spilled red wine and let it sit for an hour or so. No etching and no staining. Our perimeter is similarly in perfect condition. The fabricator found us a new slab that matched in color (after several rejected slabs). We have had the new island top for about 2 week and I have noticed hazy rings. The fabricator said they look like condensation rings from a bottle of wine (we haven’t had any wine bottles sitting on the island). They said try acetone, which we did to no avail. They then said they would send a tech "as a courtesy"-basically they are doing us a favor. I didn't get marble, which I love, because I didn't want to deal with etching and staining! We are pretty meticulous and clean up spills promptly. My original slab didn’t have these issues and they are the ones who made the mistake forcing us to get a new slab. Appreciate any thoughts or advice. I note that this top does have a different texture (the veins kind of glow). My perimeter does not do this nor did the original island top. You can only see these spots in certain angles and in certain lighting. They are just dull rings but from other angles the same spot looks shiny. The big halo near the edge was there the day they installed it. I have post its all over the island noting the rings. We have about 5 now and we barely use the island! Do I have a right to say that this stone is not the same quality as the original and they need to replace again? It was really hard to find a match and I already feel like I settled on this slab (it’s pretty but not as nice as the original). I think this slab came from a neighboring state!

Comments (12)