Software
Houzz Logo Print
mjsilvas85

Living room decor...

13 years ago
Need rug. art, drapes.and the list goes on.. Colors are grey, mustard gold, and turquoise or turquoise, apple green and taupe...

Comments (92)

  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Just going off the picture.... 1) I'd move the loveseat so it doesn't create a visual and physical block as you enter through the front door (not good feng shui). 2) The home is contemporary and the furniture seems to have a bit of a traditional vibe. If you want to keep that balance between the contemporary and traditional a transitional rug would be your best bet - a mix of old and new. If you want to go the more modern route there's always a nice graphic. 3) Notice there are several rounded shapes (sofa arms and dining chair backs and top of hutch) so tie those in with the design in the rug. Paint colors are neutral so pretty much any color combo in the rug and accessories will go. Choose what you love!
  • 13 years ago
    Animal print pillow was in my daughter's room, looking for new
    light fixtures & will be lowered, palm tree, and the list goes on.... travisinteriors, I love your ideas.... THANK YOU!!!
  • 13 years ago
    Going more transitional & contemporary...
  • 13 years ago
    More pics...
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Ohhhh, like the rough hewn of the bar stools. A little texture. You could pick up on that with a nice textured rug or even a flat weave. But now that I see this and have read the other comments, you know what would work really great, and will last through lots of pillow and accessory changes? A moroccan or gabbeh style rug - great lines, texture, never fo out of style and works with everything.
  • 13 years ago
    Seeing the pictures of your bar/kitchen area, I'm a little puzzled as to why your dining area is on the other side of the living space. What's the space to the right of your kitchen? I would expect your dining area to be there. But...?
  • 13 years ago
    I've been told by many family members, this area (pic) should be my everyday nook and the space that combines living area should be my dining area, which I will use more for gatherings and holidays...
  • 13 years ago
    Really? Okay... if that works for you. But I thought that your beautiful dining table seems to be sort of crammed in the space next to the door and that it almost blocks a hallway (pictures in your other post). But it could be the angle of the pictures and it might work well in real life of course.

    I do think however that the space next to the kitchen is perfect for a dining area.
  • 13 years ago
    Thanks for the sweet & kind suggestions.
  • 13 years ago
    Nancy Walton, how did you upload my living room pic on Olioboard?!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    add classic furniture would be great http://indonesiaclassic-furniture.com/ contact me to 'hajar@wisanka.com' for information detail :)
  • 13 years ago
    Mjsilva, go to olioboard, create, under the my items tab, use upload button and follow the directions.
  • 13 years ago
    Ok thanks. Did that, says it has to be a certain size... Thanks for the info... :)
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    it could be customised, please feel free to contact me by e mail for detail info :)
  • 13 years ago
    mj, Needs to be small, like 40kb or so. Open your original photo in paint, change the image size to about 15%, save it as a copy of your original and use that to upload your image.
  • 13 years ago
    Your walls look Taupe, Not, gray in picture ?
  • 13 years ago
    Sue Potter, you may be right... Still trying to figure it out were new homeowners...
  • 13 years ago
    From a previous discussion, I've been told greige.
  • 13 years ago
    Rugs? Drapes? Working on mantel and crown/ceiling molding.
  • 13 years ago
    Rugs? Drapes? Working on mantel and crown/ceiling molding.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Nice space..very neutral...a rug for some color would anchor it in...and some nice colorful art....
  • 13 years ago
    Working with grey, turquoise, and yellow... Thank you!
  • 13 years ago
    Rugs?!
  • 13 years ago
    If it's between those two... I'd say the first one. I like the contrast against your beige floor and sofas.
  • 13 years ago
    Rug suggestions?! Not giving up.. Yellow, grey, or turquoise/teal, colors I'm working with.. Gracias
  • 13 years ago
    I admit..I haven't read all the suggestions. Here is a rug thought to add color and give the room a more transitional style.
    Mohawk Home Chevron Pattern Rugs · More Info
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    While a chevron pattern can be good, the trend is waning. Also, visually, they chop up a space unnecessarily by causing the eye to scan in one direction, horizontally. At some point the look will be dated, imho.
  • 13 years ago
    Joss and Main have a sale right now with (amongst others) these rugs:
  • 13 years ago
    NW RUGS, I agree no chevron pattern rug, maybe a throw pillow...
  • 13 years ago
    I just don't want to buy the wrong pattern rug and regret later.. Big decision.. Trying to figure out to photoshop?!
  • 13 years ago
    Haven't given up, need help ya"ll?!
  • 13 years ago
    "mj" if you buy an area rug for under $500 for an 8x10, and live with it for awhile, even if you don't exactly LOVE it, unlike wall-to-wall carpeting which is a big ticket item and can create regrets, an area rug is replaceable in a few years. Don't be afraid of making a WRONG decision, be afraid of making NO decision. Sometimes indecisiveness is rooted in our past--critical responses to decisions we made as we were growing up. Don't let that mire you down now.
  • 13 years ago
    Nancy Walton, I did love your Olioboard not the green thou.. Turquiose, yellow, and grey.. Thanks!
  • 13 years ago
    Some decor
  • 13 years ago
    I need drapes?!
  • 13 years ago
    Most of the rugs with turquoise, blue, and yellow also have green in them, but I did manage to find a few on overstock.com with blue and yellow or grey and yellow. The grey and yellow ones tend to show as blue on my monitor, but the description says grey.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Dear
    I am Faezeh from Persian handicrafts exporting co. I am glad to introduce you my company as a great manufacturer of hand woven Persian rugs and machine made Persian rugs since 1950.The rugs are in exclusive designs and various sizes. Please email me at: thepersiancrafts@gmail.com so we can mail you our catalogs.
    This is my phone number:00989362907695
    Special offers for all of our rugs and carpets:
    1. Free delivery to your home or anywhere you like in 7 days.
    2. The quality of rugs is guaranteed.
    3. The rugs are returnable for 1 month.
    4. All of the rugs are made out of the natural materials: herbal dying( Only handmade rugs)
    5. No machine has been used in none of steps of producing the rug (Only handmade rugs).
    6. Each rug has its own design and is woven only once, So each one is a unique (Only handmade rugs).
    7. Machine made rugs can be supplied in different quantities and sizes.
    Waiting for more cooperation
    B. Regards
    Faezeh Nasiri(Sales manager)
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I would recommend Mock Roman Valance for the windows. I feel that drapery would to much because you have so many windows. The Romans are a great alternative you can still have the drapery feel you can choose any fabrics you want.


    http://www.blindsdirectcanada.com/drapery-toronto/top-treatments/mock-roman-shade.html
  • 13 years ago
    i like this, where else can you get them where you don't need an in-home consultation.i did't even know such a thing. Great idea!
  • 13 years ago
    lighting could make your room. I picture something like this. www.tjferrie.com
  • 13 years ago
    Finally got a rug, what you think?! Does it clash?!
  • 13 years ago
    New rug
  • 13 years ago
    Beautiful rug. Can't see if it clashes on the photo, but it looks fine.
  • 13 years ago
    The rug looks terrific!
  • 13 years ago
    More pics...
  • 13 years ago
    I think a turquoise rug in that pattern would really make the room sing--that rug looks too monchromatic.
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    I must know where you got the rug mjsilvas85! Nancy Walton is on to something, a turquoise rug in that pattern would work perfectly in our new house....
  • 13 years ago
    Coconuts1234, bought it at Target 7x10 for $149.00, reasonable. I agree may use for my dining area.. I've been looking for months this is the one I've had my eyes on, but I'm on a budget.. My hubs doesn't care for turqoise rug..
  • 13 years ago
    This is the one I been eyeing on just over our budget.. :(
  • 13 years ago
    Ooh, that would really look sharp! Save your pennies.