Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phish_gw

Why multiple shower heads for your body and do you like it?

phish_gw
6 years ago

I see these new showers where there are multiple shower heads (like 3) one at head level, one at stomach level, one lower. Can anyone explain why this is the case? I've never used one so I don't understand the point. For those of you who have a shower with multiple heads facing your body, do you like it?

Comments (5)

• PRO
    BVS Plumbing
    6 years ago
    i have installed numerous types of these applications and have had to go behind "handyman" contractors to correct issues on these. the most important thing i can tell you is make sure the water is looped and has been properly sized to handle the demand of water. I highly recommend you hire a licensed plumber with the right experience.
  • PRO
    Filipe Custom Woodwork
    6 years ago

if you are the type of customer that wants a rain shower, a personal handheld (that can be used to reach other places in the body a standard shower head does not reach, and also to rinse the sidewalls etc) the third would be an extra for target parts of the body etc. Most people do a standard shower head or a shower head with a personal handheld. You just have to think about what it is that you want out of your shower experience. There are also jets that can be added,,,to target certain parts of the body...they can also act as a massage....you also have to consider your water pressure as well in your home. If you do not have good water pressure then it might be best to stick to one or two combos......as the more attachments you add the more water they will need...good luck

• plan2remodel
    6 years ago

I'm in California, where the car wash approach to showering is forbidden, due to water conservation. That is, the shower can have multiple shower heads installed, but only one head can be used at a time. I have three shower heads with a diverter in my shower. I usually use the fixed shower head on the wall, but sometimes use the rain head in the ceiling. I use the handheld mainly for cleaning the shower.

• dream house 2015
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

We just remodeled our bathroom and put these in. One at each shoulder and one for lower back. They pop out(when water to them is on)and are adjustable for different heights of the person using it. The controls are to the side as you see in the pic. One for body, rainhead, and regular shower head. My husband loves them, I use them after I steam sometimes but really like the back jets on the tub we put in so I use that more. We also put in the rain shower head, hubby loves that and I don't. Steam shower is the bomb!

• PRO
    Luxury Plumbing USA
    6 years ago

These called "Jets"

You have to have "Shower Head" on the top but these are just additional body sprays for the massage.

If you install separate shut off valves - you can use shower head and jets simultaneously. That is a cool feature!!!

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations