Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cef2

Sealer for pavers

cef2
6 years ago
We loved your pavers so much that we researched them and purchased them from Concrete Collaborative - but in a pewter grey.. I have two questions. 1. We did not get the same amount of variation in color which is the thing i loved so much about yours. How did you achieve so much color variation or it that just how they came?

2. We are having issues with sealing the pavers. First we used the sealer that was sent with the pavers but it was super glossy and supposedly was not the right product to use with polymeric sand. Then we stripped a few and tried a very expensive water and oil repellent but the water puddles so long on top that it actually creates more stains. Do you remember the exact sealer that you used. We have a lot of trees nearby so staining is definitely an issue.

Thanks so much for your help!
72 The Parade Ascot Vale Victoria Australia · More Info

Comment (1)

• PRO
    Bagnato Architecture & Interiors
    6 years ago

Hi,

When we purchased the pavers we were looking for an economical solution for the rear yard. What we actually did was go down to the supplier and we purchased tiles that were left over in small quantities and secured them at a cheaper rate. In other words, there wasnt enough of a particular sized tile to do the who paving job without paying full price. So we purchased three (3) different sizes and we made our own pattern so that it would work. The reason that it looks like different shades of grey is that each tile came from a different batch, so there were slight variations in colour. When you order tiles or pavers they always come from the same batch so they look the same. You usually take down the batch number so that if you ever had to order them again they would deliver a similar paver. We were willing to have various shades because it worked out to be cheaper.

In regards to sealing the pavers it was too expensive to have it done professionally so I sealed them my self. I cant remember the brand unfortunately. However I do think sealing pavers or tiles is over rated because the sealer doesnt prevent staining. All it does is penetrate the paver and stops dirt and grime penetrating the tile. They will still stain. In fact my stains simply disappeared over time with the sun shining over them. I would suggest applying a penetrating sealer and leaving it at that. The water should bead on top once the sealer has been applied and dried.

Hop my comments have been helpful.

Dominic